Part 22

*2 days later*

Tonight is the night of Rafe and I's date. He told me he will be taking me out on his boat, just gave no specifics.

I've just finished a shift at the diner and am now stood in the kitchen making spaghetti for dinner. John B and JJ are sat at the kitchen table, while Pope and Kiara are sitting on the couch.

Dinner is almost ready, I sneak away to get dressed for tonight. Since we are going on the boat I change into a bathing suit, I throw a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt on over top. I grab a small beach bag and throw in my phone, wallet, sunglasses, a beach towel, and a hoodie.

I go back out to the kitchen, the boys didn't even notice that I left the room. I make a plate for John B and JJ, grab a beer for each of them, and set them down in front of them on the table. My bag is thrown over my shoulder.

"Your not eating?" John B asks.

"No. I'm going out tonight."

"Out where?"

"A date."

"With who?" He further questions.

It's now or never I think to myself. "Rafe." I say trying to make it seem nonchalant.

"No." He pauses and shakes his head. "You're not going out with Rafe."

"Yes, I am. John B you can't tell me who I can and can't go out with."

We have everybody's full attention. "Liv, you're not going out on a date with some Kook." He raises his voice.

I roll my eyes. "Like you?"

"Sarah is different and you know it."

"So is Rafe! I'm going out, end of story." And with that, I storm out the front door. Perfect timing, just as I make my way through the yard Rafe is pulling up to our dock to pick me up.

*3rd person POV*

"What the hell is happening?" John B asks his group of friends.

"John B, she has the right to go out." Pope speaks up.

"With the king of the kooks?"

"She really likes him." Kie states, trying to vouch for her friend.

John B looks at Kie with a surprised expression. "You knew?" He throws his hands to his head in frustration. "Did you know too?" He asks looking to his best friend, JJ.

"I plead the fifth." JJ says, throwing his hands up in surrender.

John B lets out a groan.

"Hey just cut her some slack, man." JJ says, hoping to calm his friend down. "Just let her go out and have a good time."

"Have a good time, seriously?"

"John B." Kiara stands up now, she is obviously getting frustrated. "Do you realize how much your sister does for you? She cleans, she does your laundry, she works TWO freaking jobs. Hell, I just watched her make you dinner after working all day, and she didn't even hear a 'thank you'." John B is watching her with wide eyes, surprised at the outburst. "So yeah, she deserves to go out and have a good time. I'm not too thrilled about her seeing Rafe, either. But she can make her own decisions, and as her friend I'm going to respect that."

The 3 boys are all looking at the curly haired girl with wide eyes now. She picks up her bag and storms out of the house. Pope follows quickly after her.

John B and JJ are left at the kitchen table, looking at each other in shock.