Part 34

It's been 2 days since the Barry incident. 2 long days of thinking and 2 long days with no contact with Rafe.

I am currently standing in the living room with a can of drywall mud, trying to cover up the bullet hole in the wall. I finish up and place the can down on the kitchen table. While I am waiting for it to dry so I can paint over it, I decide I am ready to see him. I need him to know that I'm not mad at him. Despite what John B and JJ may think, my feelings for Rafe have grown stronger and I don't want to loose him.

I wash the dry mud off my hands and make my way to my Jeep, starting the drive to Tanneyhill. I pull in and make my way to the front door, knocking. Rafe's stepmother, Rose answers the door with one hand, a flute of champagne occupies the other.

"Oh hi sweetheart, Sarah just left with John B for the evening. You just missed them." She says sweetly.

"Actually, I came to see Rafe..."

"Oh dear, Rafe isn't here. Him and Ward flew out to the Bahama house this morning on a work trip."

"Oh.. erm. Ok, thanks." I say awkwardly. She smiles before closing the door as I head back to my car.

I know Rafe was trying to give me space right now, but to fly to a different country and not even bother to tell me? That hurts.