Part 58

*Rafe's pov*

I pull up to the country club, grab the golf bag out of the bed of my truck, and head inside to check in. Topper, Kelce, and I are having our weekly game of golf today and I'm going to be breaking the news to them. I'm honestly not sure how they are going to react. I mean Liv is a Pogue, but after we got together they seemed to like her, then after the JJ incident they roll their eyes any time I bring her up.

Liv is the love of my life, we are having a baby and starting our life together. It would be nice if my friends would be supportive of that.

I see the guys just outside, loading their things onto the golf cart. I head over and greet them before we make our way onto the course.

"So I have something to tell you guys." They both look over to me, I line up my shot and swing the club at the ball, watching it fly off in the distance. "Liv is pregnant."

"Jesus fuck, Rafe." Topper rolls his eyes and looks in the other direction.

"Are you joking?!" Kelce exclaims. "Is she keeping it?"

"Yes, she is keeping it. She's also going to be moving in to the new house with me."

"Imagine that." Topper rolls his eyes once again and I feel myself already starting to lose my patience.

"Imagine what?"

"Oh just that your little Pogue princess is obviously a gold digger."

"She works two jobs and has never asked for a thing from me. I'm the one that asked her to move in. How is she a gold digger?"

"That's great and all but I wouldn't want you to spend your life raising someone else's kid."

"Excuse me? It is my kid, Top." My hands clench into fists, involuntarily.

He sucks in the air through his teeth and holds his hands up in defense, "if you wanna take her word for it."

"Fuck you, man." The anger level is rising inside me. I decide to grab my things and walk away before I lose my cool. If my friends don't want to be supportive, that's on them. I'm not going to let it get to me.