Part 6

We eventually made our way to sitting on the grass on the side of the house. There is a comfortable silence as I am waiting for Rafe to fully calm down. His eyes finally rise from the section of grass he has been staring down at in thought and they meet my own.

"I'm sorry." He mutters.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." I reassure him.

I see that he is starting to get worked up again so I gently pull his body to mine and rub circles on his shoulder. A few minutes go by sitting like this when we hear footsteps getting closer on the concrete. I let go of Rafe and he sits up straight.

"Oh, hi Olivia." It's Rafe's 15 year old sister, Wheezie.

"Hi, Wheez." I reply back with a smile. She has joined Sarah and I a few times when I've come over to hang out with Sarah.

Her eyes move from me, to Rafe, and back to me. A cheeky grin appears on her face and she raises her eyebrows. She then turns and continues walking around to the back of the house.

Rafe and I both stand up from our spots. I look up at him with a worried expression on my face.

"I really don't want to do that stuff anymore. I want to get clean." He explains.

"I believe you. I told you I'm here, Rafe."

"You can go if you need to. I'm sure you have better things to do today."

He's right, I do have a whole list of things to get done, but I can't leave him like this. "Nothing important. I want to make sure you're okay."

He stands there for a moment.

"Do you want to take a walk?" I ask.