Part 15

*the next day*

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I realize I must have fallen asleep while sprawled out of my bed, reading a book. I look down to see who is calling. Rafe.

"Hello?" I answer still half asleep.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"It's fine, are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Silence.

"Okayyy." I reply.

"Oh, um... I was uh... wondering if you could come over?"

"Sure."

"Cool, cool." He says awkwardly.

I laugh and hang up the call and get ready to leave. I open my bedroom door quietly, it's about 10 p.m. I sneak past a sleeping John B and Sarah. They are cuddled up on the couch.

I drive to the Cameron residence and park my Jeep on the next street over.

I make my way to Rafe's bedroom window and climb in just like before, but he's not in here. A few seconds later the bathroom door connected to his bedroom opens and he appears. He spots me and jumps slightly, signaling that I startled him.

"You know, you should really lock your window, someone could just climb in." I tell him sarcastically.

"Yeah well normal people usually just use the front door." He remarks with a smile.

I smile back and have a seat on his bed.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, just felt... I don't know. I didn't want to be alone."

"Aww. I'm here now."

He smiles brightly and asks if I would like to stay over and watch a movie, to which I agree. He leaves the room to make some popcorn and get drinks. I get up from my spot and go over to my phone which I sat on his dresser. I send John B a text letting him know I left, not wanting him to freak out like last time.

Rafe re-enters the room just as I'm hitting send. He has a bowl in one hand and 2 bottles of beer in the other.

"Everything okay?" He asks me as I sit my phone back down.

"Yeah just letting my brother know I left so he doesn't get worried."

He sits the items down on the bed, the delicious smell of the buttery popcorn fills the air. We look through the selection of movies he has on his shelf and decide on 50 First Dates. Gosh, I love Adam Sandler.

As the movie begins, we sit on his bed and throw pieces of popcorn at each other jokingly, trying to catch them in our mouths.

We've eventually end up laying down. His head is on my chest and I run my fingers through his hair. My legs are tangled with his and his bed comforter is draped over us.

"Hey, Liv."

I hum in response.

"Would you want to go to midsummers with me?" He finally asks.

Midsummers is a yearly kook thing. They all get dressed up and attend a party at the Island Club.

"Oh, uhh-" I start to reply and we both sit up. "I'm actually going with Kie. Her parents are making her go and they said she could bring a friend so she asked me to go with her."

Which is the truth. Kie's parents aren't exactly thrilled that she hangs out with Pogues all of the time, so they try to make her attend as many Kook events as possible. John B, JJ, and Pope will all be working at the party. Sarah isn't happy that John B won't be her date, but it would probably just start a fight between him and Topper anyways.

"Right, yeah, I get it." He replies waving it off.

"Plus what would your friends think if you showed up with a Pogue?" I add.

He just shakes his head but I can tell he is upset.

"So how's everything been going, getting clean and all?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Good so far, but it's only been a few days."

"Hey, a few days clean is better than none. You can do this Rafe, just take it one day at a time."

"I'm just glad I have you to get me through it."

I smile at him.

"My dealer is pretty pissed." He admits. "I was sorta his way of doing business with the kooks."

My eyes go wide and a wave of fear washes over me. The thought didn't even cross my mind. Now with Rafe getting clean, his dealer loses a good chunk of money.

"Is this guy dangerous?" I ask him.

"I'll be okay, don't worry." He tries to assure me.