Part 25

I pull up to The Wreck and Rafe and I run in. Kiara isn't working today, there's a woman named Kelly who just started a few weeks ago. She just moved here with her 2 teenage sons.

"Hey Kelly." I greet her with a friendly smile and have a seat at my favorite table.

She comes over to get our drink orders. "Mornin' Miss Liv, this must be that boy your always smilin' about." She says with her thick Mississippi accent.

A blush appears on my cheeks. "Yes ma'am, it is."

Rafe raises his eyebrows and gives me a look.

"2 Pepsi's, please." I say before he has the chance to get out a snarky remark. She leaves to get our drinks and returns a few moments later. I go ahead and order food for the both of us, like Rafe did for us at the Island Club.

"Have you ever ate here?" I question him.

He shakes his head no.

"You'll like it. It's not as fancy as brunch at the Island Club, but it's good food."

Our food arrives soon after and Rafe keeps saying how good it is. We finish up and then head back to the Chateau. The rain has stopped so Rafe decides he is going to head home in his boat before it starts up again.

"Be safe, okay?"

"I will." And with that he drives off.

I walk inside and everyone is now here, sitting in the living room. There is an awkward silence when I walk in.

"Ahem." Kie clears her throat and shoots a death glare at John B.

"Liv, can we talk outside?" He finally asks.

I follow him out the front door.

"I just want to start by saying I'm sorry for the way I was acting yesterday. If you want to go out with Rafe, I will respect that. I just don't want to see you get hurt again..."

I open my mouth to speak but he continues.

"... and I want to tell you how thankful I am for you. Really, I know you work your ass off and I don't say thank you enough. I know Dad would be so proud of you."

Tears start to form in my eyes when he mentions our father. He pulls me in and hugs me tightly. I feel 2 more arms wrap around us and I look up to see JJ. Sarah, Kie, and Pope join in on this wonderful group hug, also.

"I love you guys." I gush.