Part 16

Rafe and I ended up laying back down and falling asleep to Jersey Shore reruns on the tv.

I wake up the next morning and look over expecting to see Rafe, but he's not there. I let myself into his bathroom, which is probably the same size as my room.

I go back to his bed and get back under the covers. A few moments later Rafe appears holding a tray. He sits it down on the bed and I see 2 plates of food filled with eggs, bacon, and toast alongside 2 mugs of coffee.

I look up at him and smile and he sits down next to me. We eat the delicious breakfast he has made and when we are done he moves the tray off the bed.

I notice how his hair is a perfect mess from sleeping. He is talking to me but I get lost in the deep blue of his eyes, not hearing what he is saying.

"Liv?" He says and I finally snap out of my daydream.

"Sorry, what?"

"I'm going to go take a shower, you can stay if you want. My dad and Rose are gone for the day."

I shake my head in agreeance and he disappears into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I scroll on my phone while I wait for him to get done.

About 15 minutes later I hear the bathroom door open. I look up and out walks Rafe, in nothing but a towel. It is wrapped around his waist, his hair is damp, and a smirk appears on his face when he catches me staring. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I blush and look away, I feel my face burning with embarrassment. I guess I never really noticed how attractive he actually is. I try my best to push the feelings aside.

Rafe grabs an outfit from his dresser and enters the bathroom again to change. He exits once again.

"So miss thang, what's on your calendar today?" He teases.

"Nothing really. Probably just head home and get some house work done."

"Lame." He says jokingly. "You work too much. Why don't you stay here and have a lazy day with me."

"I don't know..." I say, not sure if this would be a good idea.

"C'mon it'll be fun. We can lay in bed and watch movies all day." He tries to persuade. "Adam Sandler marathon?" He adds on, sweetening the deal.

I smile and finally give in. "I mean how could I say no to an Adam Sandler marathon."

So that's exactly what we do, lay in bed, talk, eat junk food, and watch movies until the sun starts to go down.

"It's getting late, I should probably go." I tell him as I stand up from my spot.

"Okay. I had a great time." He smiles and gets up to.

"Me too." I reply. He is now standing in front of me beside his bed.

I look up into his eyes that I've come to know so well. Without thinking I touch my hand softly to the side of his face. I stand on my tip toes and let my lips softly press against his. I stay there for a few seconds and then pull away.

"Bye, Rafe." I say softly and quickly turn and make my way out of his bedroom window.