S E V E N

(y/n) suddenly woke up stretching her arms and beside her felt an empty space that should be filled by James. Reaching on the nightstand and look at the time, it was already 2 am and she grew worry about where James could be.

She gets up and went to the bathroom to clean up and change into new clothes. (y/n) quietly closes the door and heads downstairs, a faint light hits the wall as she goes down the stairs, it was from the living room. She peaks through the corner and saw someone on the couch.

She kneels down beside him, her hand rests on top of his forehead pushing strand of his hair away. "James." She whispers.

(y/n) leans closer and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, then he started mumbling something.

"Mmm uh (y-y/n)." His hand reaches out in the open air. "I'm here, I'm here." (y/n) grabs his hand, he felt her hold him and calmed down.

"Can you stand up?" She asks. James tilts his head to her, trying to open his eyes. "James love, can you stand?" He lets out a low groan and nodded.

She patiently waited for James to regain some strength and step by step and made their way to the stairs. She was struggling from James's weight considering he's 6'3 and works out, keeping his fit body in shape. She manages to get him in his room and falls down on the bed face first, letting out a breathy whine.

She helps him get on the bed properly and put over the covers on him. When (y/n) turned around she was pulled back by her arm. "Don't go." He begged. "P-please?" She felt her heart swells. She was still pissed at him from what happened but she knew it won't last.

"I'll be back. I just need to get some water-" she gets closer, gently patting his head. "You just rest here, alright?" James shakes his head weakly and turns his back on her.

*timeskip*

A light burp escapes her lips, she just finished eating a midnight snack since she didn't eat dinner when she got back home weak. As she reaches the top of the stairs, the door to the balcony is half open.

"Oh sorry, didn't know you're here." (y/n) says looking away. "I'll leave you then." She walks away but was stopped by Oliver. "N-no its alright, you can join me if you want." He replied. (y/n) hesitated, she wanted to go back but her thoughts was still killing her.

(y/n) steps out, feeling the cold breeze hit her made her chill. Oliver noticed and chuckles. "You always forget to wear something to cover yourself when you go out." He says, drinking his beer.

"I wasn't thinking I'll be out here. I just went downstairs to eat then go back to sleep." (y/n) says calmly. "Fair enough." Oliver replied, adjusting in his seat spreading his legs. (y/n) watched him in silence sitting fairly away from him. Though he was the one who brought her home she was still cautious around him.

"Still thinking about what happened yesterday?" He asks, looking away and blew out a smoke.

"Yeah. I'm still mad at him about that but-" she pauses for a moment. Oliver turns to her with a straight face. "I understand him-a little bit. If I was in his shoes then I would've talked to my ex too." She looks at him. "Not because I still love them, but because I just want to have a new and good start with them, despite being lovers in the past." 

"Well, doesn't that also depends on them?" He asks. "If they don't want to be friends or has anything to do with you, then what?" (y/n) puts a thought on his question. "Its fine. I respect their decision, because you can't force them to be friends with you if they don't want it." Oliver nods, smiling faintly at her.

She returns it back, weirdly enough she didn't felt that it was forced. She smiled at Oliver naturally. "But you have to be careful, (y/n). We don't know what could happened between James and Anna." He says finishing his bottle of beer, putting it down on the floor.