F O U R T E E N

(y/n) woke up feeling lightheaded as she stirs around the bed, trying to find a comfortable position but only makes her head spin more. She slowly opens her eyes and saw James sleeping peacefully next to her, deep breaths and birds chirping had (y/n) set at ease although she was still lightheaded she ignored it and made her way to the bathroom.

She stares at herself in the mirror. (y/n) couldn't figure out why she wasn't as happy as James when she found out she was pregnant, they've always have dreamed of having a child or two but now that their dreams have happened she's unsure what to feel anymore.

The past few months have been a trip to hell and back. Arguing with your partner is normal but the more (y/n) gets suspicious of James the more he's on edge, he becomes more defensive of her accusations and has even showed him proofs. He keeps assuring that all of it is fake and that someone is trying to sabotage them but she will never let this go.

(y/n) decided to go on a morning stroll to try and empty her mind, she's been feeling cramped inside the house doing nothing else but painting, gardening and reading books. She dressed into a black turtleneck, jeans and a winter coat the right outfit for the cold weather and ties her hair in a bun. She went to her side of the bed and grab her phone quietly not wanting to wake James.

(y/n) doesn't have a plan on where to go so she lets her feet bring her to where it wants to go as long as it keeps her occupied.

James

"I told you many times we are not coming back together. I'm still in love with (y/n) and always will be, its best if we just stay on what we are right now."

"What are we then?" Anna spoke bitterly. "You say its best if we just stay on what we are so what are we?"

James couldn't answer her because he is guilty of the late night calls he's been doing for the past week, thinking that it will fill his loneliness. He knew that he had to stop seeing her but still ends up in a bed with her sleeping in his arms.

"I thought that we would somehow move on and start fresh but clearly even now that she's gone I'm still a second option." Anna looks away wiping her tears.

She thought that James would forget bout (y/n) and come back to her but even after what happened she's still in his heart, over the past week Anna has been fighting herself on doing the right thing but he was afraid of what Oliver could do and what would happened if she told James the truth.

She still loves James after all she's been through but neither of them deserves the pain they're in. Anna lowers her head and places her hand on her lap trying her best not to break down in tears.

Anna stood up from the bench avoiding looking at James, she let the tears spill from her eyes expecting that the sacrifice she'd make will cost her a huge price. If Oliver finds out and went looking for her in an exchange for helping James get (y/n), so be it.

"You don't have to worry about me anymore cause' I'll be leaving soon and I hope you'll find (y/n)." Anna choked on her sobs and walked away.

James didn't move from his spot and stop her, he knew what she said is right and it will only make things worse.

That morning Anna has her bags in the car as she stood in Susan's front door she stares at the white envelope with James's name written at the front. Everything he needed to know is all in the letters that Anna wrote as soon as she got home from the talk with him.

"I'm sorry... for everything."

Afternoon came and James just finished having lunch with his mother, he stayed at the table while Susan is in the kitchen watching dishes. After the last talk with Anna he's been feeling less stress but still worried about (y/n).