𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 2

With the beautiful sun finally beginning to set, the dire situation that transpired in the laboratory had long since passed Scaramouche's mind

With the beautiful sun finally beginning to set, the dire situation that transpired in the laboratory had long since passed Scaramouche's mind. His journey there was a waste of a productive day and he knew he'd have to resume his research in Mondstadt tomorrow.

He had no idea how much stress he was carrying until he was hoping that this trip would finally offer him some peace and quiet. Some alone time to make amends for the troubles his subordinate caused would be greatly appreciated.

It was going to be a relaxing walk alone, at least that was what he expected. His eyes twitched in vexation as he heard the extra set of footsteps following close behind. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards you.

"Stop following me."

It was clear from the moment he laid eyes on you that his sentiments towards you were purely negative and unpleasant. You identified his demeanour based on first impressions and didn't want to bother him any more, skipping the introductions and trailing him to avoid confrontation. However, given his outraged expression, it would have been preferable if you were further hidden from view.

Scaramouche even timed it. Minutes after leaving, he was quick to pick up on the additional lingering presence. It had to be you. He already knew it. The longer you stalked, the more pissed off he became.

You stood in front of him like a fool, slowly processing his bitter words with a straight face. "I'm afraid I can't do that, Master. Dot-"

"Yeah, whatever." He interrupted, waving you off as he went back to walking.

It barely took you a second to follow behind, causing him to groan in agony. You were like a starving mosquito chasing a human on a hot summer day. There was no possibility you'd leave him alone. He had no other choice but to accept it.

The raven-haired boy acted as if you weren't there, refusing to acknowledge your presence. From time to time, you tried to initiate a conversation to learn more about your master but it came unsuccessful.

"I see you've made a change in plans." You said, noticing how Scaramouche chose the path that advanced further into Liyue.

He scoffed and sped up but you mirrored his exact moves.