𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 3

8:35 pm

8:35 pm.

It had been about an hour since you were booted out of the Northland Bank. Whatever the two men were chatting about had to be serious, a private discussion that even robots weren't permitted to overhear.

With your arms properly placed at your sides, you stood just in front of the door and waited for their meeting to conclude. Countless downloads and reviews on your system were required, which you did to pass the time. As you were about to get back to work, you couldn't help but get distracted by a searing stare on your right. Curiosity got the best of you, prompting you to swivel your head in that direction, only for the woman to gaze straight ahead.

"Is there something I can help you with?"

Her body froze at your query, her eyes hesitantly sliding towards you, and her terror was palpable. The lady was clothed in Snezhnayan attire so you knew she wasn't a danger, but rather an acquaintance. You ran a background check without her knowledge.

Nadia, a Fatui guard for the Northland Bank.

The woman nervously laughed as she began fidgeting with her gloved hands. Despite how skeptical she was acting, you could tell she was a kind soul.

"Oh, no it's nothing. I'm just really shocked by how realistic you look, that's all." She answered, giving you a friendly smile.

You nodded but maintained a lifeless expression. "I suppose so. Though, I wasn't exactly constructed like the others."

The corner of her lips curled up as she recalled seeing Childe's AI. "Yeah, I can tell...." Nadia wondered if the other droids were just as bad as his. The woman already had insight on you being Dottore's favourite so she had high expectations.

Now that she was finally face to face with you, she could confirm it was greatly met.

"You work under Scaramouche, correct?" She randomly asked.

"Yes, that's correct." You replied, not sure where she was going with this.

She gave you a content smile but behind the grey mask, the feeling within her eyes showed differently. "He's not very liked in the Fatui, probably because he has a big mouth." Nadia said, trying to conceal her acrimony. "But Dottore made the right choice. You are best for the job and I know you'll do amazing."