𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 13

"How did I get this body?" Dottore repeated your question, beads of sweat beginning to release from his forehead

"How did I get this body?" Dottore repeated your question, beads of sweat beginning to release from his forehead. Without a mask to wear, his weak nerves couldn't be easily concealed.

You sat there with your legs crossed, eager for an answer. "If it's not my body, then whose is it?"

The doctor didn't know whether to feel impressed by your inquisitive behaviour or annoyed. He certainly didn't think this through when creating you.

Maybe it's best to demonstrate.

He placed the pen down and rolled his chair over, now sitting face to face with you.

With a light smile, Dottore balled his right hand into a fist. "This is you, okay? I spent a really long time making sure you'd turn out better than all my other inventions. And you did." He then brought his left hand up to reveal an open palm. "This is the girl that volunteered to be a test subject; the body you're operating in. Do you understand?"

You nodded, watching him wrap that hand around his fist. "Like I said, you both are two separate things. You're only living in her body. You're not alive, alright? You're not real."

His gaze lifted up to see if you were still with him. "That body has been broken down and remade into something even better. Something that can change the world and make history for the Fatui. Hopefully that makes sense."

It didn't.

It didn't and the only reason why was because Dottore didn't even seem convinced with his own story. The only one who could reason with your suspicions was the other harbinger in the room.

Your sight carried over to the ginger, studying his demeanour to get a confirmation. Childe repetitively tapped his cheek with his index finger, glaring at the man like there was more to the story.

It's like he felt a burning stare to his side, slightly turning his head enough so that it wouldn't be noticeable to the doctor.