𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 26

Mondstadt, which had previously been a calm and lively city, was now filled with shouts and cries of horror

Mondstadt, which had previously been a calm and lively city, was now filled with shouts and cries of horror. Large groups of hilichurls, mitachurls, and samachurls managed to breach the gates and vandalize the exterior and buildings. The monsters became bored within minutes and shifted their attention to every living person they came across.

Though extremely wounded by the attack, an injured messenger alerted the Acting Grand Master, thus initiating the emergency plan. The Favonius guards were tasked with evacuating residents to safety while the knights defended the territory. Regardless of how many monsters they killed, the Knights of Favonius remained outnumbered.

"There are too many of them." Eula snarled harshly as she swung her hefty claymore in front of her, slashing three hilichurls' heads off clean. The Cavalry Captain, who was watching her back, just smiled at her anguish. "Yeah, you don't say." He smirked, freezing the mitachurl's hand before it could swing at him.

Eula wrinkled her brows as she peeked over her and the male's shoulder, seeing the impending onslaught. "Duck." She issued the order and Kaeya instinctively obeyed. The elegant woman raised her weapon and spun around, the claymore whirling around with her as it split the mitachurl's neck apart.

The two captains took in the devastation, now seeing the wreckage of their city and the dead bodies of monsters scattered everywhere—including some of their own men and women. They weren't even close to being finished; there were still more enemies to defeat.

"Captain Kaeya!" A voice called out. With a questioning brow, the said man turned his body to face the terrified knight who was trying to regain her breath. "We received your orders and dispatched three knights to the headquarters."

"Three?" Kaeya repeated the number in perplexity, gently shifting his weight to his right foot. That can't be right. Nonetheless, the young knight nodded in response.

"I only asked for two."