𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 20

You should've been annihilated, falling to your death and being covered up by the pathetic excuse of a malfunction

You should've been annihilated, falling to your death and being covered up by the pathetic excuse of a malfunction. People would naturally wonder how Dottore's most prized possession could have a flaw but no one would dare to question the sixth Fatui Harbinger.

What you didn't expect was for Scaramouche to change his mind at the very last second, wrapping his hand around your loose shirt to prevent you from falling into the deep body of water. You were able to support yourself by keeping your heels fixed to the edge, in addition to his assistance.

But perhaps he wasn't so nice. Maybe he was just toying with you. He enjoyed playing games as long as they were played according to his set of rules. Scaramouche told you to wear a shirt which coincidentally happened to be the same thing saving you from destruction.

You shifted your gaze from his hand to him, an unconcerned expression displayed on your face. If you didn't irritate him enough before, you certainly did now.

He wanted you to look desperate, to plead and beg for mercy. That was his definition of satisfaction and you weren't giving it to him, hence why he wanted you dead.

"You don't know how badly I want to kill you right now." The raven head muttered, loosening and retightening his hold on your shirt.

Just by looking down, you could tell the damage would be severe. Your entire body would be shattered but that wasn't a problem for Dottore. He'd just fix you up and hand you over to Scaramouche like brand new.

"Then do it." You let out a sigh as you returned your attention to the boy. "If you really want to get rid of me, let me go."

Scaramouche interpreted it as a personal jab. This was an act of defiance and he would never ever let someone talk to him like that without repercussions. "Are you not afraid of dying?"

"Why do you do that?"

He was perplexed, unsure of what you meant. His movements grounded to a standstill as he waited for you to continue.

"Why do you speak to me as if I'm human?" You queried of him out of genuine curiosity.

You've been observing his behaviour since the first time you met and were quick to notice something. Despite his rude remarks about you being a robot, he always treated you like a mortal.