𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 6

"I have somewhere to be actually

"I have somewhere to be actually." You declined his offer and watched his smile fall.

"That's a shame." He mumbled, holding his chin between his forefinger and thumb. The male was deep in thought. "Then allow me to escort you on your way out."

God, he really didn't know how to read people.

But, on the other hand, there was no harm in having company. He appeared to be more of a gentleman than a threat, and you had no reasonable grounds to accuse him of dishonesty. If there were to be a change in course and something horrible was on the way, you knew you were more than capable of protecting yourself.

"Alright." You gave him a firm nod without showing any signs of doubt, tossing your sword up and watching it vanish. His gentle grin returned in an instant once he heard your approval, as if he expected this outcome regardless of your stern nature.

"May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" He respectfully asked, turning his body toward the exit and shifting slightly to the side in respect for you to walk alongside him.

"Y/n. And you are...?"

"Zhongli."

The short journey consisted of strong discussion and somehow, it led to an educational lesson. It was mostly Zhongli contributing in the conversation, sharing his knowledge on Liyue's history and how it became the nation it is today.

Now one thing is for certain. The Liyue people were either stupid or haven't explored beyond the Harbor.

Like seriously, have they even seen the Statue of The Seven? Morax, who now goes by the name Zhongli, was a spitting image of their god. He walks around the city every day and nobody seems to question it.

You didn't need to run a scan on him to know that. Tragic.

"I believe this is where we part ways." He spoke gently, as though he was dissatisfied with the shortness of your conversation. You both came to a halt in front of the Liyue Harbor gates, tentatively turning to face each other but unable to think of anything more to say.