𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 16

"Did I do something wrong?"

You were honestly confused as to why Scaramouche was ignoring you. He was purposely giving you the cold shoulder, being more distant than usual which led you to believe that you somehow messed up.

.....Again.

Barely a minute of being distracted and he was already gone, strolling around the city without telling you his whereabouts. It wasn't hard to find him with that big hat of his, standing in front of a flower stall where he critiqued every single item up for purchase.

This was probably the ninth time you repeated the question and asking for a tenth would bring inferno to the people.

Scaramouche stood still with his hand rubbing his chin, unfazed by the fact that you were distinctly stalking him from behind. There was a bothersome sensation in the pit of his stomach that couldn't be overlooked. He knew you weren't planning on leaving him alone any time soon.

According to mortal terminology, this was commonly referred to as 'the silent treatment'. A nasty method used to punish one's wrongdoing through the act of ceasing communication. Those with narcissistic tendencies are prone to using this form of emotional manipulation.

Was he mad at you? There was only one way to find out.

Scaramouche
Health 100%
Affection 12%

It took him a prolonged moment to figure out what you were doing but when he did, the sour expression he made when he turned around was priceless.

The raven-head gritted his teeth and roughly pulled you closer to him by your arm. All he could do now was hold back from his typical ruthless aggression. That was certainly the smartest choice to steer clear of unwanted attention.

"You really love to test my patience, don't you?" He lazily whispered, keeping his eyes peeled for any nearby knights that could possibly intervene in the dispute. Once the coast was clear, he leaned in closer to your ear and transferred his gaze to the side of your face. "I swear you're the worst thing that's ever happened to me."