𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 21

Aside from the wind howling, the only audible sound was the obnoxious ticking of a watch

Scaramouche rested his forearm on his raised leg, the other leg hanging off the edge of the cliff. He stared at the time on his golden mechanical pocket watch, tightening his grip with each passing second. You were late.

And if you really knew the harbinger, you'd understand how much he despised being kept waiting. Patience was not one of his virtues.

He turned his head to check behind him, seeing if you were anywhere nearby. Unsurprisingly, there was no one in sight.

His shoulders slumped as he amplified a low groan. Perhaps murdering you the other day wasn't such a bad idea after all. He wasn't sure what compelled him to show mercy on you. Besides that, the raven-head was surprised that he had asked you to accompany him on this particular day. It wasn't something he planned to do but it just happened.

And now, he was thinking about you.

Something about your smile stuck with him and he hated it. You ought to know something he didn't. That stupid arrogant smile you'd mask on, despite the fact that you were actually trying to be friendly had him livid. Or, at least, you wanted it to appear friendly.

God, he hated you.

"What a moron."

The ticking suddenly ended, forcing him to look down at the Roman numbered dial. Both cathedral hands were locked in time and no matter how hard he tapped the crystal, it didn't move.

As if the day couldn't get any worse.

Scaramouche wasn't the type to hoard valuable possessions and lavishly care for them. Everything, whether humans or objects, comes and goes.

He brought his pocket watch closer to his face and ran his thumb over the glass, remembering when he first joined the Fatui.

It was a stormy night, the same night he decided to leave everything behind in Inazuma. It wasn't an easy decision but after careful consideration and a long convincing speech from Pierro, he realized that living life the way he did was pointless. He was unhappy and if he didn't do something soon, he'd get nowhere.