𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑭𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑭𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 waved gently in the warm breeze. Golden rays of sunlight fell in a speckled pattern through the thick foliage of the surrounding trees while the mansion at the other side cast a long shadow over the grassfield.

The peaceful ambiance broke abruptly though, when the laughter of two teenagers ─ a boy and a girl ─ traveled over the landscape as they raced towards the river at the foot of the hill. The small stream of water in the distance sparkled like a silver line with stars while a lone, fluffy cloud floated through the stark blue sky above it.

Both of the siblings ran barefoot and the grass leaves tickled their ankles, but the girl hopped around on one foot for a few steps after her other had landed on a sharp pebble hidden in the grass. The boy laughed victoriously when he shot past her, taking the lead.

Rosaleen flipped her long, blonde hair over her shoulder, striking some strands out of her face as well while she stared at her older brother's back. She broke into another sprint and the fabric of her light blue dress billowed out behind her as it danced with the blowing wind.

Their surroundings shot past while the river grew wider and the sound of rippling water reached their ears as they ran off the hill with long strides, practically falling.

This time it was Rosaleen's turn to chuckle victoriously when Alexander lost his footing and tripped over his own legs. He fell down with a thud but due to his momentum, he rolled farther down the hill as well. Rosaleen ran around his rolling form, leaving him quickly behind, and with loud splatters, she sprinted into the riverbed. The cool water reached till over her ankles and drenched the first few inches of her dress, but Rosaleen didn't mind. She threw her hands in the air and turned around in the water to face her brother.

'I win!' she yelled excitedly. Her chest heaved up and down from the aftermath of the sprint and she quickly lowered her arms again to rest her hands on her knees as she bent a bit forward.

Alexander groaned and pushed himself back on his feet when he had finally rolled to a stop. Several grass leaves stuck out of his wavy, blond hair, making it look even messier than usual. His locks glistened with the same golden glow in the sun as his sister's, but Rosaleen's eyes resembled the rough waves of a storm at sea, whereas Alexander's looked like the sharp rocks on which the ships got smashed against.

'You are heartless,' Alexander started, feigning his pain by laying a hand on his chest, 'running past me like that, I could have broken something.'

Rosaleen giggled between her panting and she walked out of the river again, straightening some wrinkles out of the skirt of her dress. 'Well, broken bones or not, you must help with the dishes tonight.'