𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑨𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑬𝑪𝒀•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑨𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑬𝑪𝒀
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 in a blinding manner and the group of teenagers often had to squint their eyes against the bright light while they made their way towards the faun's house. Lucy still led the way and she practically skipped whenever their surroundings allowed it ─ since the layer of snow restricted their movements greatly; even the branches of the massive pine trees bowed down under the weight. The wind howled over the landscape, the icy temperature sending shivers down Lucy's spine, but the youngest Pevensie simply rubbed over the fur coat covering her arms, her blue eyes still sparkling from joy.

'You are all going to love Mr Tumnus,' Lucy said to her siblings and the professor's grandchildren who all walked behind her, their gaze transfixed upon their ethereal surroundings.

'He's the nicest faun I've ever met,' Lucy continued, jumping over the protruding root of a tree. The dark brown coloured bark was covered with swirling shapes of frost, and she could tell by the glistening of ice it would be most slippery.

'Have you met many fauns, then?' Edmund grumbled, casting a longing glance at the two hills that disappeared farther and farther into the distance as they walked.

'Well, no. . .' Lucy admitted, before shrugging off her brother's comment and she continued in her skipping pace with a big smile plastered on her face.

Edmund, though, did not pay any attention to his footing and the sole of his shoe shot away as he stepped upon the slippery root. His breath hitched in his throat and he would have fallen in the snow if it hadn't been for Alexander who quickly caught Edmund's wrist and pulled him back on both of his feet.

'Let go of me,' Edmund growled, swatting Alexander's hand away and shooting the older boy an annoyed glare. 'I don't need your help.'

Alexander rolled his eyes skyward, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his black coat. 'No worries. Next time I'll let you fall face-first and you can make an accidental snow angel, I promise.'

The others laughed at that comment while Edmund grumbled something incoherently under his breath, quickly following in Lucy's footsteps with a heated face.

'How much longer until we get there?' Rosaleen asked, pulling the fur coat a bit tighter around herself, but her toes felt as if they had turned into icicles as her shoes couldn't withstand the cold of the winter. The snow reached till her ankles and her feet stung from the freezing temperature.

'Oh, it's not much farther now,' Lucy said over her shoulder as she led them down the curved path within a crevasse.

The grey and snow-covered rock formation at their left towered far above them and whenever the whistling wind shot past the steep rocks, some tiny snowflakes and larger snow heaps rained down on the group.