𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬 𝑨𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑵•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬 𝑨𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑵
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄❜𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒. When she felt the arm wrapped around her bare waist though, and the warm chest pressed against her back, she needed a few moments to remember it wasn't Peter lying behind her. It was Seren. Her head throbbed slightly from all the drinks she had consumed last night, but she still remembered everything, every detail, and all that had happened.

Slowly, she rolled over to her other side until she laid nose to nose with Seren and she tucked her right hand under her pillow just as he had rested his left hand under his head. She stroked some hairs out of her face with her other hand while she let her eyes wander over him.

Seren was still asleep, his chest rose and fell with his calm breathing and his eyes moved slightly behind his closed eyelids. The points of his usual dark blond hair coloured to a shade of copper in the light of the upcoming sun that wrapped around his lying silhouette from behind. The rays of sunshine fell in a diffusing manner through the partly see-through curtains that hung in front of the open balcony doors and the white fabric danced with the warm breeze coming from outside.

Rosaleen hesitated half a heartbeat but then she moved her left hand towards his face and her fingers traced the small scar that ran through his eyebrow. It was barely visible, just like the scar on his jawline, but the hairs didn't grow there and the pulled tight skin refused to darken in the sun, unlike the rest of his suntanned face that displayed many healthy freckles as well. As light like feathers, Rosaleen trickled her fingers from his eyebrow to his jaw, but Seren's calm breathing faltered for a second and he woke up, his hazel coloured eyes meeting hers.

'That tickles,' he muttered, closing his eyelids halfway again but a smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

'I'm sorry,' she apologised softly, retreating her hand and laying it on the mattress instead. 'I didn't mean to wake you up.'

Seren shrugged as if he wanted to say something, but his breathing deepened again as his eyes fell completely shut.

Rosaleen though, couldn't push away the nagging feeling that rose up in the back of her mind. With a suppressed sigh, she rolled on her back, pulling the sheets a bit further over her chest as she stared at the sculpted roses and daffodils on the ceiling.

Seren was instantly awake again and he pushed himself half up, leaning on his elbow as he scooted even closer towards her, his face hovering above hers.

'Rose. . ? What's wrong?' he wondered, the worry evident in his voice that was still hoarse from sleep as well.

She pressed the palm of her hands against her closed eyes and she took a quivering breath. 'Did I now just completely ruin our friendship?'