𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑩𝑹𝑶𝑲𝑬𝑵 𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑺𝑻•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑩𝑹𝑶𝑲𝑬𝑵 𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑺𝑻
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒❜ 𝐃𝐀𝐌 as the Pevensies and Summers tried to wrap their heads around the prophecy. The only thing that could be heard was the howling wind from outside, whirling around the wooden structure with an increasing and decreasing strength and causing the dam to let out squeaking creaks and cracks.

Susan was the first to break the silence. 'Why does everything rhyme but the last part?'

Mr Beaver waved it away with his paw. 'Never mind the rhyming, that's beside the point.'

'It has long been foretold,' Mrs Beaver continued, 'that three daughters of Eve and three sons of Adam will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia.'

The beavers exchanged some hopeful and proud looks with each other but the group of teenagers glanced at each other rather questionably.

'And you think we're the ones?' Peter asked, his voice slightly going up.

'Well, you better be!' Mr Beaver exclaimed. 'Aslan has already fitted out your army.'

'Our army?' Lucy repeated in shock while Susan's eyes grew wide. She couldn't believe what she was hearing and she quickly turned to Peter. Her eldest brother had to be on her side with this.

'Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in war,' she said, trying to reason with him and to her relief Peter nodded slightly.

'I think you've made a mistake,' he said to the beavers. 'We're not heroes.'

'We're from Finchley,' Susan added, but that only resulted in some frowns on the beavers' faces. They had never heard of such a country.

'Besides,' Peter continued, remembering some very specific but odd part of the prophecy. 'Our forefathers haven't been here, it would be impossible to follow their plight.'

'Oh no, High King Peter,' Mrs Beaver said, 'the prophecy doesn't speak of your ancestors.'

'It speaks of theirs,' Mr Beaver said darkly, nodding sharply at the Summers siblings.

Lucy, Peter and Susan all turned to look at Rosaleen and Alexander who shifted uncomfortably under all the gazes.

Susan suddenly gasped for air, something clicking in her mind. 'The professor.' She understood now why he had so easily believed Lucy's claim to have found a magical land in the wardrobe.

Lucy, though, felt hurt by the realisation and she focussed on Rosaleen. 'You had heard of Narnia before, but you still didn't believe me?'

Rosaleen frantically shook her head, her blonde waves dancing around her lower back. She reached for Lucy's hand over the table but the younger girl retreated her hand with a hurtful expression. 'No, Lucy, that's not true. I believed you. I was ready to jump in that wardrobe with you, but when there was nothing there, I thought perhaps you had read it somewhere in the mansion as well.'