𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑨𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑮𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑺𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑻•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑨𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑺 𝑶𝑭
𝑮𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑺𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬𝑺𝑻
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 the wall as it swung open, caused the blonde to fly up straight in her bed. Her hand already reached for the usual dagger under her pillow while her previously calmly beating heart sped up painfully fast, but then she remembered she was in Cair Paravel and not in the Tisroc's palace.

She didn't sleep with a dagger here, and her hand touched nothing but air and the fabric of her bed. She took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, focussing her gaze on the door opening in which the familiar silhouette of Lucy stood.

The seventeen-year-old Queen stood with her hand raised, at the same height of the door knob and her expression was frozen in a flinch. 'Oops, sorry,' she said with a small chuckle. 'The door slipped out of my hand.'

Rosaleen flopped backwards in her bed, the faint throbbing of her ribs flaring up as she did so, but she still stretched out her arms towards the ceiling with a suppressed yawn. 'A good morning to you too, Lu.'

'Barely, it's almost noon, sleepy head,' Lucy answered as she made her way farther into Rosaleen's chambers and she closed the door before moving to the curtains and swinging them open.

Behind them lay the balcony overlooking a small courtyard and a part of the citadel's flower garden, and the warm summer's breeze blew inside, carrying along the scent of the blooming flora and the salt of the ocean.

Lucy turned back to face Rosaleen and she let out another chuckle when the blonde buried herself deeper in her pillows, pulling the thin blankets over her face as the white-coloured room seemed to light up in rays of sunshine.

'Come on, Rose,' Lucy said, almost skipping towards the bed, but instead of pulling away the sheets ─ like Rosaleen had expected ─ the Queen flopped down on her stomach on the mattress.

'We've barely talked since your return, I've missed you,' she continued, resting her chin on the back of her folded hands, and Rosaleen lowered the blankets again, a silent apology glittering in her ocean coloured eyes.

'I know, I'm sorry. I missed you too.'

'Not that I don't understand,' Lucy said, wiggling her eyebrows, 'you've been busy with Seren.'

Rosaleen's cheeks heated up, matching perfectly with the red colour of her silk nightgown, and she lightly smacked the younger girl's shoulder. 'Lucy!'

'What?' Lucy giggled. 'Your balcony doors were open and the wind carried far. Almost two nights long, and don't get me started on the late mornings. Wait. . . These are clean blankets, right?' she added with a fake disgust.