𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑨 𝑹𝑬𝑼𝑵𝑰𝑶𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑫𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑬𝑹•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑨 𝑹𝑬𝑼𝑵𝑰𝑶𝑵 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑫𝑨𝑵𝑪𝑬𝑹
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

❛𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 very worried about my well-being.'

Alexander's voice startled both Rosaleen and Peter awake, and Rosaleen practically shot upwards while Peter visibly paled and withdrew his hand from her lower back.

'Alex!' Rosaleen exclaimed, jumping up from the bed and sprinting towards her brother to envelop him in a tight hug. 'You're here, you're alright!'

'I'm still in one piece,' Alexander said, suppressing a groan as she had flung herself against his bruised body. He still embraced her back, though, and looked at Peter over her head.

The eldest Pevensie had clambered out of bed as well and he felt rather uncomfortable when he noticed Alexander's squinted stare in suspicion. 'Nothing happened, I swear it,' he quickly said, and Rosaleen let go of her brother, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks.

'Peter's right,' she defended him. 'I couldn't sleep; I asked him to stay.'

'How gracious of him to accept.'

Rosaleen's blush made way for an angry glare at Alexander, and she had to fight the urge to slap him. He was already hurt, she told herself as she observed his strained stance. 'Don't be so mean,' she said between clenched jaws but he shrugged it off.

Alexander limped as he walked farther inside the tent, his face contorting in pain every time he put his weight on his wounded leg. He carefully sat down on the other bed, breathing in sharply as every muscle in his body ached while he placed his twin swords against the foot-end.

'Did my brother come. . . Is Edmund here as well?' Peter dared to ask after a small silence, and Alexander nodded.

'Yes, he's still talking to Aslan outside.'

Peter spun around and shot past Rosaleen, eager to see his younger brother again.

Rosaleen smiled, looking at his back as he disappeared out of the tent, she was relieved they both had their siblings back. She sat down on her own bed again, observing her older brother sitting across from her. A deep but clean gash ran over the side of his face and parts of his clothing were ripped, revealing some bloodied bandages.

'What happened after the wolves captured you?' she wondered, feeling a bit light-headed after realising the bad state he was in. 'What did the White Witch do to you?'

Alexander avoided her gaze by laying down, biting his tongue to refrain himself from letting out a painful cry. 'Nothing.'

'That doesn't look like nothing.'