𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑬𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯❜𝑺 𝑾𝑶𝑳𝑽𝑬𝑺•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑬𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯❜𝑺 𝑾𝑶𝑳𝑽𝑬𝑺
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 as they, Lucy and Susan followed the centaur Oreius towards the tents that would be at their disposal. Aslan had announced to the Narnians that tonight there would be a feast to honour the guests, but before the group could attend the celebrations, they felt the need to freshen up. Despite their adventure in the ice cold water of the great river, they still felt greasy and their clothes had definitely seen better days after trekking through the wild.

Oreius came to a halt and gestured at three tents, all made out of a white fabric that seemed to swallow the colour of the sky above them; right now it displayed the warm summer's blue hue but as soon as the sky darkened, so would the tents.

'There are two beds in each tent,' the centaur said. 'It would be wisest if the Queens share a tent and the Kings another one.'

Rosaleen let go of Peter's hand as she understood what Oreius was after. 'And then my brother and I will share the third tent.'

The centaur nodded in approval and turned around to go back to Aslan's pavilion since Oreius was the head of his guards.

'If Alex ever returns,' Rosaleen added in a whisper, glancing at the tent that was now just for her alone.

'Of course he will,' Lucy said, having heard her soft voice. 'Aslan promised to rescue both him and Edmund.' Her blue eyes sparkled with hope and Rosaleen smiled gratefully.

'You're right, Lucy.'

The youngest Pevensie beamed and then followed her older sister into the tent, both excited to see it from the inside.

Peter and Rosaleen crossed eyes, and Peter's gaze shot towards his now empty hand before sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck with it. 'I suppose I'll see you later, then,' he said.

Rosaleen smiled and decided to tease him a bit as she made the best curtsy she could. 'I suppose you will, my King.'

Peter stammered something before clearing his throat. 'I still cannot believe the prophecy says that I would make a good king.'

Rosaleen rose back to her full length again, her eyes wandering over his face. She did think he could be stubborn at times, maybe even a bit arrogant, but he also cared greatly for his siblings. There was nothing that Peter wouldn't do for them, his courageous and caring manner outshone everything else.

'What are you looking at?' Peter wondered as he fought the urge to nervously shift from one side to another under her intense gaze. Her eyes seemed to look right through him.