𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑨 𝑪𝑶𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵 𝑶𝑭 𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑸𝑼𝑬𝑬𝑵𝑺•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑨 𝑪𝑶𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵 𝑶𝑭 𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑸𝑼𝑬𝑬𝑵𝑺
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 with energy as the Narnians prepared everything for the coronation of their Kings and Queens. The white stoned castle hadn't had inhabitants in over a century but the citadel's garden bloomed and burst out in vibrant colours as soon as the dryads gave it a gentle push. The air was filled with the sweet scents of the blooming nature as well as with the salty taste of the Eastern Ocean. There hung an anticipating ambiance in the castle and though it was an exciting day for the Narnians, the Pevensie siblings felt far more nervous.

In the south-east wing of Cair Paravel with a balcony overlooking the sparkling ocean, Rosaleen just held up two pairs of heels for Susan to choose from, but the dark-haired young lady stared with a deep frown at her reflection again.

'I don't know,' Susan said with a sigh, looking at Rosaleen via the mirror before turning around to face her. 'Don't you think the gold and gemstones are a bit much?'

Rosaleen suppressed a chuckle, placing the heels back on the stool with a velvety red cushion by trying to bend her back as little as possible. Her body still hurt from the battle as it had only been two days ago. 'You're going to be a Queen of Narnia. I think you will have to get used to gold and gemstones.'

Susan wore a bordeaux red dress but the hem of the V-shaped top was set with a golden thread, shooting over the fabric in elegant swirls and symbols, while the far end of the skirt was set with champagne coloured diamonds, representing the constellations of the Narnian night sky.

Susan chewed on the inside of her cheek thoughtfully but when she moved her arms up to remove her earrings set with the same coloured diamonds, Rosaleen quickly walked towards her and pulled her hands away.

'Don't,' Rosaleen said. 'It's not too much, it's perfectly balanced, trust me.'

Susan hesitated for another moment but then she gave in. 'Alright.'

'Now, I doubt if anyone will look at your shoes, but try to make a choice between those heels while I'll go and put on my dress. I don't want to be late for the coronation.'

The eldest Pevensie sister smiled a bit guiltily. 'Right. I'm sorry I disturbed you. The jitters got the best of me.'

Rosaleen turned around in the door opening, putting her hands in her side as she raised an eyebrow. 'What did I just say?'

Susan frowned, the confusion clearly written over her face. 'I should choose between those heels?'

'No, not that.' Rosaleen laughed, reaching for the door handle to close the door behind her. 'You're going to be a Queen. Queens don't apologise. It was my pleasure to help.'