𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

˚✶•━━━━━━•❈•━━━━━━•✶˚𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑮𝑹𝑶𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑫𝑹𝑼𝑴𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑾𝑨𝑹•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑮𝑹𝑶𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑫𝑹𝑼𝑴𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑾𝑨𝑹
•✶•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✶•

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 the river Rush and Cair Paravel as every creature and animal answered the call of their High King. The red banners with an embroidered golden lion danced in the wind that originated from the direction of the sea but while the army's number grew rapidly, Peter's patience shrunk just as fast. He wanted to travel to Anvard now, and his diminishing patience made way for determination as he decided upon something.

Peter stopped pacing, halting in the middle of the balcony and his eyes wandered over the camp he could see faintly in the far distance; most of the vibrant colours of the tents were blocked by the dense foliage of the forest's poplars and the castle's orchard, but if you knew where to look, you could spot the encampment with some effort.

'Alex,' Peter said, dropping his gaze from the gathering army and turning around to look at Alexander in the door opening. 'Ready the horses.'

'Alright,' Alexander answered slowly, 'but why?'

'We'll take Seren to Anvard now. It's time we trade him to get Rose back.'

'But the army─,' Alexander began but Peter cut him off.

'We've waited long enough. The army has enough numbers to appear intimidating. Those who have yet to arrive can join us in Archenland. We march, now.'

Alexander considered the idea for half a minute but then he nodded. He wanted his sister back and he didn't even dare to think in which kind of state she was, especially because Lucy had yet to wake up from her injuries and she had been imprisoned for a shorter amount of time. The sooner they got Rosaleen back, the better.

'Let's march,' Alexander agreed and he set course to the stables while Peter went to inform his siblings and then towards the dungeons to get Seren.

The Archenlander sat on the heap of hay that served as his bed, his legs and arms crossed while he rested with his back against the stone structure of the dungeon. The orange light of the torches danced over his still posture, though he took a deep breath as soon as he saw Peter descending the stone stairs. The dungeon was built underneath the castle, inside the cliff on which Cair Paravel stood and while the salty wind of the sea howled several feet of stones away from Seren's position, the lit torches spread a pleasant warmth through the rocky area.

'Are you still going forth with this ridiculous plan of yours, High King?' Seren asked, barely suppressing the bitter undertone in his voice until he recollected himself while Peter stopped at the other side of the iron bars.

'My offer still stands,' Seren continued. 'You don't have to threaten with a war. I can find out what's going on, I can talk with Lune for you. You have my word.'