8 - Where Renjun has a plan

"Can I have a green grape ade?" girl asked coyly. It was the girl who had taken a picture of him earlier and asked for his Kako ID the previous week.

Renjun wanted to decline her order. Despite it being relatively easy to make, whenever he tried to make any of the ade drinks, he managed to mess it up. The layers never came off prettily and that was the most important part of a proper ade (or that was what Byongho had told him, so it might've been wrong). Apparently, most people only bought those overpriced lemonade-based drinks just to get pictures for social media, meaning that it had to look nice.

"Of course", he said through his teeth. "Would you like to have anything else?"

Immediately after saying it, he knew that he had already somehow messed up, because the girl's face lit up with a smile, and considering how she had tried to hit on him before, it wasn't a good sign.

"A date with you, please", the girl fired her shot with no hesitation.

"He walked right into that one", Renjun heard Chaewon comment to Jaemin.

"That he did", Jaemin agreed.

Renjun glared at the two. They weren't supposed to become friends. Renjun knew that Jaemin had felt the same weirdness in Chaewon, yet after receiving his americano with three extra shots he had sat down next to her as if it was the most natural thing to do.

Instead of answering anything to the customer's flirting attempt, Renjun told her to pay for her drink and started preparing the order right after giving her the buzzer.

"So, how do you and Renjun know each other?" Jaemin asked from Chaewon while Renjun was pouring grape syrup into a tall glass.

"Well, last week we - "

"We don't know each other", Renjun spoke over Chaewon's answer. He didn't want neither Jaemin nor Chaewon to think that this was a beginning of a new friendship. "We aren't friends."

Chaewon's head tilted to the side. "No one spoke about being friends, though."

"Whatever." Renjun wanted to dump the grape ade on Chaewon's head.

"I'm sorry for his behaviour", Jaemin said to Chaewon while Renjun was scooping ice to the glass. "He can be a bit grumpy."

"No, no", Chaewon countered right away, waving Jaemin's apology away. "It's refreshing."

Renjun cut some fresh mint to decorate the drink with. "I'm not refreshing", he rebelled to the mint container quietly. No one heard him.

Or maybe no one cared.

Luckily, when the customer fetched her drink, she didn't try to hit on Renjun again, and when he glanced at the window afterwards, he noticed that the rain had finally stopped. Maybe Chaewon hadn't cursed him today.

What she was doing instead was talking endlessly. As soon as the flirty customer left the counter, Chaewon opened her mouth and didn't seem to care much about the fact that she was the only one speaking. She had also found a napkin to fidget with, making a floppy paper airplane out of it.

Once she was done with the airplane, she started looking around the café, clearly calculating her surroundings while never shutting up. Fearing that she would throw the napkin airplane and piss off a customer, Renjun walked over to the counter and stole it from her. He had been around Haechan and Chenle long enough to know that some people always came up with the most idiotic ideas.

Chaewon didn't seem to mind losing her airplane, as she simply smiled at Renjun and, once he had gone back to work, took another napkin and started folding it. When he walked by them again and noticed what she was doing, he took the second napkin from her silently and, after a brief consideration, moved the entire napkin holder further away so that Chaewon couldn't reach it anymore.