47 - Where matchmaking isn't for everyone

"Oh, by the way, have you managed to talk to Jisung about continuing therapy?" Doctor An asked while Renjun was putting on his coat after the end of their session.

He looked up from the buttons of his coat, he had already forgotten that she had asked about Jisung a couple of weeks ago.

"I'm not doing therapy with Doctor An anymore", Jisung had admitted when Renjun spoke with him that session. "Being around her is uncomfortable because it's so clear that she dislikes my doubler side."

Renjun frowned. Doctor An being an elitist when it came to the doublers had surprised him but if she was connected to his father or others like him, it was more understandable. Birds of a feather flock together and all that crap. If Jisung felt uncomfortable around the doctor, Renjun wasn't going to force him to meet her – especially if she was breaking the client confidentiality by speaking about her clients with outsiders.

"He's feeling fine nowadays so I guess that he's taking a break", he answered nonchalantly.
"I see." Doctor An wasn't convinced. "What is he doing nowadays – is he working or studying or something like that?"

If that was her attempt to pry on Jisung's life to find out more about him, it was pathetic. However, it was odd that she was interested only in Jisung even though Yujin had also dropped therapy abruptly.

"He's just enjoying life", Renjun answered, not wanting to tell her any more details than necessary. Who knows, to whom she would tell about what she heard. "I'm sure he'll tell you about it if he decides to come back."

Doctor An smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.
"I'll be waiting for that day." Her eyes followed Renjun to the door. "Also, I just realized that you didn't speak about that Chaewon girl during today's session. How are things going with her?"

There was no way in hell that Renjun would tell her anything about Chaewon.

"Didn't you tell me to spend less time with her and more with the Yun family and other strong doublers?" He knew that he couldn't fake innocence so he opted for a monotonous voice and lifted eyebrows.

"I did, didn't I", the doctor hummed and rested her chin on her hand. Then she changed her angle, "Did that bad omen thing ever get solved?"

Her words were like a cup of icy water poured down Renjun's back as a reminder that he had told her about his initial hunch about Chaewon. Had she forwarded that piece of information to someone as well?

Renjun shrugged. "I think that I just met her in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Doctor An nodded in an understanding manner but Renjun was almost certain that she didn't believe a word he said.

***

"Lele", Renjun shouted the second the entered the apartment. "Where are you?"
"It wasn't me!" Chenle's voice from the hallway leading to the bedrooms was immediately ready for a debate. Renjun put on his slippers and followed the voice of his younger roommate. "It was Haechan's idea, I swear! Right, Jisungie?"

Renjun reached the closed door leading to Chenle and Jisung's room.

"What are we talking about?" Jisung's whisper was muffled by the door.
"Just say yes."
"Oh." Jisung cleared his throat and raised his voice, "Yes! That's right."

Renjun rolled his eyes and pushed the door open. "I don't know or care what you've done this time, and that's not why I'm here."

Jisung was seated on the floor with an open math workbook in front of him, while Chenle laid on the floor, playing a game on his phone.

Chenle looked at him over the screen of his phone. "Well, in that case we've done no wrong and you may graciously forget everything we said. I admit nothing and will require the presence of a lawyer in the case of any further questioning."