36 - Where Renjun goes on a trip

Renjun regretted telling his flatmates about the trip when Jaemin's spoon clattered to the floor and the rest of them stared at him, forgetting about their breakfast and the general morning rush.

Jeno was the first one to speak, "You're going where?"

"Jeju-do."

His answer didn't satisfy anyone, so they opened cross-examination where everyone fired their questions at the same time.

"Why?"
"When?"
"How?"
"For how long?"
"Can we come?"

The outburst of questions startled Renjun and he leaned away from the table and the accusing, curious eyes of his friends.
"For private reason. I'm leaving today by airplane, will stay for a couple of days, and no, you can't come."

"Are you going alone?" Haechan leaned over the table, trying to invade his happy place – also known as Renjun's personal space.

Jisung pouted. "Why can't we come?"
"You have to study."
"I could study in a new environment!"

Chenle flipped his hair. "You know, if you let me come, I might pay for the trip."
"I can afford it on my own."
Chenle huffed.

Jaemin was following the conversation from the side-lines with a frown etched to his face. His spoon was still on the floor.

"It might be lonely for you to go alone", Yujin pointed out. "If you wait until the weekend, we all could go together."
"Yes!" Jisung rejoiced.

Haechan tilted his head to the side, studying Renjun's facial expression from a few centimetres distance (Renjun kind of wanted to bash his head to the wall for being so close to him). Finally, he narrowed his eyes and tutted. "Unless he's not going alone."

"Does he have other friends than us?" Chenle whispered to Jisung, who shrugged in response.
Renjun glared at them.
Yujin slapped the back of Chenle's head. "Renjun has many friends."
"Like who?"
Yujin blinked.

"Maybe you're going with Xiaojun or Winwin?" Jeno started guessing, "Or maybe Minghao and Jun?"

Haechan followed Renjun's reactions closely, only to shake his head. "It's none of them, right?"

Instead of answering to any of their inquiries, Renjun started shovelling the vegetable porridge into his mouth, wanting to get rid of his nosy flatmates as soon as possible.

Haechan grinned. "Maybe it's Chaewon."

Renjun froze with the next spoonful on its way to his mouth. Damn Haechan and his intuition.

"Did you already make up after the fight?" Jisung asked innocently.

Everyone turned to look at him at the same time, as if there was a game of tennis and the ball had been hit into Jisung's side of the court.
"What fight? Did you see them have a fight?" Chenle pulled Jisung towards him by the neck in a rather aggressive manner. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't a fight", Renjun mumbled, hoping that the change of topic had distracted Haechan enough to drop his previous question.

He should've known that he was dealing with a bulldozer.
Haechan leaned back in his chair, a smug grin on his face. "You didn't deny my assumption, Reonjeon-ah." He started twirling a brown lock of hair around his finger like a teenager. "So, it must true. You're going on a romantic get-away with my dear childhood friend."

"It's not a getaway", Renjun muttered to his porridge.

"But it will be romantic anyway, no?"
Why did Haechan sound French all of a sudden?