two

◜      ◝
𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹
˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
𝙖𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨.
◟      ◞

JUNE SAT IN her room on top her bed. her computer had her headphones plugged into it. she had youtube on practicing the audition song for tomorrow. she had the karaoke version of 'start of something new' blasting through her headphones as she hummed to the song.

"i feel in my heart the start is something new." june sung quietly. she phone buzzed beside her and there was an incoming facetime call from will cullen. he was from her old school and one of her best friends. they've practically known each other since the fourth grade.

"hey william! what's up?" she asked.

"june you know i hate being called that! i just called to ask you how your first day of school was at east high. was it fun? you didn't replace me, right?" he asked.

"it was okay. i met a girl named gina and there's a new drama teacher at our school, so that's cool i guess." she said taking her headphones out of her ears. "auditions are tomorrow and i think we have to sing 'start of something new'. we're putting on a show of hsm because apparently the school hasn't done it before."

"wait, really?" he asked and june nodded.

"yeah, you think they would have done it already but i guess they haven't." june shrugged "so anything exciting at school?"

"oh! a freshman actually fit in a locker! you know you only see those things happening on tv. also, it sucks without you june. everyone misses you." will pouted "just transfer back already!"

"i know but i'm giving it till thanksgiving break. i just want to try do at least one show with east high and if i don't like it, i'll come back, okay?" she told him and he sighed "fine."

"okay william i gotta blast! i have an audition tomorrow. i need some hot water and honey."

"don't call me willi—"

"bye!" june shouted into the phone as she hung up from the facetime call.

it was the next day and it was almost time to audition. june and most of the others sat in the dressing room waiting to be called to the stage to start auditions. "you know i'm actually kind of bummed we don't have any competition here. it would make getting the leads all that sweeter." a boy said as june walked past them.

she scoffed.

"okay theater people!" the drama teacher said as she stood in the door way "let's do this" she exclaimed as students cheered.