twenty one

◜      ◝
𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹
˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙠
◟      ◞

EJ KNEW JUNE wouldn't do such a thing as stealing their beast mask. he knew her better than that, right? she'd never do something like that. maybe her cast mates might have, but june wasn't like that. in the picture north high posted it looked really similar to their beast mask. he didn't want to sneak in, but he knew they had to do it.

while june was choreographing a dance in the studio and teaching it to everyone, she got a text on her phone.

lily looks like your old cast mates are here. tell everyone to meet in front of the costume room.

the north high drama club stood in front of the door. lily held on to the handle and had a her pointer finger on her lips telling them to be quiet. "three...two...one." she said and swung open the door. everyone walked in after june and there they were, the east high drama club. they all stood there frozen and in shock.

"hello wildcats." lily said.

"bienvenue." antoine waved.

"nice to see you again, wildcats." june smiled with her arms crossed in front of her chest. will stood by her side with a grin on his face. "what are you all doing here? scoping out the competition?" lily asked.

"we came for our beast mask. we know you took it." carlos said pointing a finger at lily. "uh—pardon me, but our costumes are most excellent. why would we steal your mask when it is so, uh—i—we do not have word for this is france. but in america, i believe i heard june use the word before—how you say— "fugly"?" antoine questioned and kourtney gasped.

"what did you call my work?"

"quoi?"

"his words not mine." june said

"i'm sure your mask was supes cute, but—i mean, we're literally a quasi-pre-professional theater company, and you guys put on shows based on made-for-tv movie." lily chuckled "now maybe you should listen to your precious high school musical and stick to the stuff you know."

"oh yeah? what if we bop to the top?" seb asked.

"let's just wait for the menkies. we'll see who's in what league then." ricky added. june could feel all the stares from her old cast mates and her boyfriend. "or we can find out right now." june smirked walking closer to east high. she noticed ej standing a little too close to gina than she'd like, but she shrugged it off.

"what does that mean."

june looked at lily for her approval and she nodded. "okay, wildcats. we challenge you to a good old-fashioned dance-off. it's a school versus school dance-off to a beauty and the beast song chosen at a random—you guys haven't don't this before, really?" june asked and the east high kids shook their heads no.

"this is not the june i know." kourtney whispered to nini.

"you'll do your version and we'll do ours." june explained.

"we'll see which school has what it takes. no costumes, no makeup, just talent." lily added.

"i'm sorry, no, that's weird."

"super weird."

"even for me, let's go guys." carlos said as they started to head out of the room. "classic east high, walking out of here with your tail between your legs. just like your miss jenn did when she gave up on broadway—and you know, let's be honest, maybe your belle just can't cut it."

"i'm sorry but nobody out-belles our belle. we are doing this." gina said standing face to face with lily. "good. ten-minute warm-up then we settle this, street style." lily said as they started to walk out. june felt her arm being grabbed, then got pulled back to gina. "you're kidding, right? why did you come to north high? you're new and they don't know you as well as we do." gina asked.

"actually this was my old school before i came to east high. my parents said the program is messy and sent me back here. it wasn't my choice. plus we have a dance studio, a giant theater with amazing sets, and high-quality costume and wigs. it's perfect here and i even get to choreograph the show practically by myself." june explained.

"ej? you're fine with this?" kourtney asked and he nodded "yeah, she's my girlfriend. i'm not supposed to choose things for her. she supposed to do that on her own." ej replied.

"thanks, babe."

"june let's go," will said poking his head into the room.
june turned around at the voice. she nodded and turned back to the east high kids. "au revoir, perdants!" june waved running out of the room.

"what did she just call us?"

"i think it's friend." seb said and everyone nodded

"you're not scared to go up against them?" will asked as they both stretched together on the stage floor

"you're not scared to go up against them?" will asked as they both stretched together on the stage floor. she shook her head "no, i may know all of their weaknesses, but they don't know any of mine. i didn't really open up to any of them." june explained as she pushed will farther down in butterfly stretch.

"ow! ow! ow!" will groaned.

"stop you're such a baby," june laughed, which caught the attention of ej. he watched as they fooled around behind lily's back and when she turned around, they acted like they were stretching. when she'd turn back, they burst out into laughter. "someone is uh—what is the word—a jealous boyfriend. my english isn't too well so if i say something offensive it's not my fault." antoine said from behind ej.

"what. no—i don't know you."

"hmm—one of my friends said they dated. they said one year and a half long?" antoine shrugged. "they thought they would be better as friends."

"okay everyone warm-up is over, gather around." lily shouted.

sorry i really like evil june 😈 btw junes gonna sing lily's part in the mob! also june called them losers lol