twenty nine

◜      ◝
𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹
˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙥
◟      ◞

MADDOX APPROACHED THE mic with her acoustic guitar strapped around her shoulders. june looked at ej with excitement, he was happy that she was excited to be there with him. she's always wanted to go to a summer camp since she was a kid. maddox smiled brightly as she started to speak into the microphone.

"what's up new campers?" she said as everyone cheered and clapped for her. "i thought i'd sing a little song. maybe one or two of you wanna sing along." she said as she started to strum her guitar.

"this is the best song ever." ej whispered to june.

"welcome to the shallow lake of your dreams, where the days are full and nights are serene, on the way back to your yurts don't forget the lake is dirt, if you fall in no one will hear you scream."

ej mimicked a scream and fell onto june's lap, making her laugh.

"at shallow lake, at shallow lake, we dive right into every friendship that we make, at shallow lake, at shallow lake, each year we come from near and far, to sing out hearts out in a barn, the stars of shallow lake." ashlyn thought it was over and was about to clap, but maddox continued, "one two three! at shallow lake,"

"there is no lake!" everyone shouted,

"at shallow lake,"

"it's all a fake!"

"when you eat the tacos that's your first mistake." ej nodded at june "big mistake!"

"at shallow lake, shallow lake! at shallow lake! don't go to far into the woods or you'll be gone for good! under that stars of shallow lake!"

"shallow lake! shallow lake! shallow laaaakkke!" everyone shouted with their hands into the air. the song ended, as everyone cheered.

"babe, we sing this every night." ej leaned over to her, making her eyes widened. there was no way june was going to sing this every single day she was here. she heard ej laugh from beside her. "i'm kidding."

"what's next? the blood sacrifice?" carlos asked.

"now, give it up for the wood! he loves some noise!" maddox said as everyone cheered and clapped for the not so happy looking camp director. she gave him a fist bump as he approached the mic. "all right, all right, settle down—settle down!" he snapped.

"for those of you who don't know, i'm your camp director, dewey wood." he introduced himself and ej cut him off "dewey wood?" he said loudly.

"yes, he would!" everyone around the group shouted. the wildcats and former wildcat shot a confused look to ej. he repeated it and everyone around them answered again. dewey rolled his eyes before her started talking again.

"i'm gonna keep this short and sweet. it's another summer. let's have fun. friendship is magic. be careful what you flush, okay?" everyone nodded before he continued "now, i know the reason we have many new faces here is because of the exciting news. this summer, camp shallow lake has been selected for a very special opportunity. and to tell you all about it, here comes a very familiar face..."

"ej? what did you do?" she said looking at the grin on his face. "you'll have to wait and see," he grinned even wider.

"mr. corbin bleu!" dewey said and everyone cheered. june jumped out of her seat like everyone else did . he came onto the stage with a suit on and a camera man following him. "oh my god. am i dreaming ej?" she said reaching out to touch him arm.

"light 'em up!" he shouted into the mic as silver and blue confetti flew up into the air and slowly cascaded to floor of the camp. "oh, i am so excited to be here at camp shallow lake. you guys, i can't wait to tell you about what we've got planned this summer." everyone sat back in their seats.

"my pals at the house of mouse have given us the keys to the magic kingdom. and that mean you guys are gonna be the first camp on the planet to premiere a global blockbuster which became a broadway sensation. does any one have a jacket? it suddenly got cold in here." dewey was about to go and take his jacket off to give to corbin.

"we're gonna put on frozen!" he shouted and everyone cheered. "and there's more! so, this camp was chosen by disney theatrical's licensing agent, MTI, to do the first ever production of this frozen script in advance to the releasing of licensing rights to high schools everywhere. and this camera is gonna be following us all around because we're also making a documentary about the show, and it's gonna premiere on disney plus! and it's gonna break the internet!"

"ej, we're gonna be on disney plus!" june excitedly squealed.

"yeah, and i may have pulled a few strings to get you to co-choreograph the play with my friend, val. if you want to, of course." ej said and june hugged him "of course i want to. thank you!" she smiled.

"it's very meta, you guys," corbin said.

"is that camera gonna be here all summer?" ashlyn asked.

"well not in the yurts," ej said.

"wow, i just realized why that health form we filled out was like twenty pages long. i think i signed a release."

"and hey." corbin said pointing in the crowd and they stood up and june remained seated "i know there are some real live wildcats out there. and i look forward to signing headshots for you all later this summer. cause it's all going down at shallow lake! so watch this space."

june and ej stood up and she hugged him "thank you. thank you. thank you." she said rocking them back and forth. "i'm gonna go back to my yurt. i'm gonna mentally prepare my self to get death stared all camp." she said looking at gina and kourtney looking at her.

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
sorry i haven't been posting at all.
i'm a senior this year and just
had so much more on my plate with
college