four

◜      ◝
𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹
˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨
◟      ◞

GINA WALKED UP to june, who was on her phone. june looked up and gave gina a friendly smile. "hey, june!
do you maybe wanna learn the status quo routine now? i don't know where nini is, sorry. she was supposed to be here a while ago and now i feel bad i called you in early"

"yeah! i'd love to. i might as well learn it early and we can teach it to nini. where is nini anyways?" june asked looking around the room as gina shrugged. gina pulled june up and started to learn the routine. "so we start with a triple pirouette, then a two count of krump holding the tray like this, some argentinian tango to stage right, a spin, then roll to the ground, and kick your face."

"okay. i'll have to work on my triple, it's been a while." june laughed. after a while, june learned the first half, then gina had to teach june the second part. gina did a series of spins and kicks to a split. "what do you call that?" june joked.

"the death whack." gina said making june nod "okay you wanna try from the top?" gina asked.

"sure why not?" june shrugged.

"five...six...seven...eight...triple pirouette and krump, tango to other side, spin, roll to the floor and face kick. now death kick then go to splits." gina said as they ran through it slower than the original song. "okay june! that was really good. i just hope nini comes soon to learn it. she was struggling earlier."

"oh good! you're teaching it to june!" miss jenn said walking up to the girls. "okay everyone can we block it with everyone in status quo dance break! everyone places please!"

 "okay everyone can we block it with everyone in status quo dance break! everyone places please!"

gina and june both hopped down from the table and did the routine that they had just learned. they worked it out with carlos and it fit the routine almost perfectly. the two girls were running it through with all of the dancers when nini walked in. "okay everyone hold!" miss jenn yelled as everyone looked at nini. "nini! where were you? we've been here for an hour." she asked.

"i'm so sorry! i-i lost my phone and spent last night living as a hunter-gather which, by the way, did you know there are things that are only on tv at a certain time? okay anyways i picked it up in the lost and found—wait did you say an hour?"

"gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come early so she could talk through a new idea. you didn't get it?" miss jenn asked.

"no because my phone was missing."

"well, honey you need to keep track of your stuff. a real triple-threat means singing, acting, and being organized. if you had been here, you would know that gina pitched a whole new dance break for gabriella and taylor in the middle of status quo." the two girl waved at nini.

"june already learned the whole thing. she had carlos and gina work it out with her and it's dazzling! gina! why don't you hydrate and show nini the new choreo?" miss jenn asked.

okay is it just me, or is it possible that gina stole my phone? she scheduled an early rehearsal she knows i'll miss. and then shows up with a new dance number that june already knows, featuring her and her freakish gymnastics skills that she knows i can't do and now i'm in the dog house with miss jenn. is any of this an accident? june is definitely in on this, right? if she willing to steal the spotlight, what else would she steal?
- nini salazar roberts, east high junior

june saw ricky on the side and walked over to him. he kept looking towards nini and ej. "stressed out? being the lead is very stressful. plus its it your first musical i can't imagine—" ricky cut her off.

"no, no it's not that. i just—uh did something and i think someone is mad at me and i'm kinda of freaking out."

"is it nini?"

"pshh—no. it's not nini it's most definitely not her." ricky scoffed as june raised an eyebrow "yeah it's nini." ricky admitted.

"do you wanna talk about it?"

"no but i need to get my mind off of it. uh—hey do you skate?" ricky asked.

"uh i dabble. i know how to get on a board if that's what you're asking." ricky nodded "uh—do you maybe wanna hang out with me? at the skatepark." he asked.

june nodded "sure."

the next day, gina walked up to june who was at her locker

the next day, gina walked up to june who was at her locker. june jumped when she realized gina was there. "oh hey gina! what's up? did you find all of your things that magically disappeared?" she asked as gina nodded holding a trash bag.

"and guess who had all of it?" gina asked "nini. she thought i stole her phone and decided to steal of my belongings. i mean—who does that?"

june looked at the half-full trash bag "wow, how did she even—" gina shrugged.

"well i gotta go, my moms almost here. sorry about her stealing your stuff." june said closing her locker. she walked down the hallway and exited the school. ej was in his usual spot on the bench. she saw him with an ice pack to his lip and blood on his shirt.

"what happened to you?" she asked.

"i got hit by ricky."

"holy shit ricky punched you?" june asked as he shook his head no "well, he threw a basketball a little too hard and hit my face." ej explained.

"sorry about your face." she chuckled as he glared at her "not funny, okay."

still debating between ej and ricky 🤔