sixteen

◜      ◝
𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹
˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝
◟      ◞

THE SOUND OF the curtain call played as groups of ensemble bowed one at a time. they even got the east high marching band to play at the end. the main cast came out one by one. june came out and bowed before joining the rest of the cast. nini and ricky then came running out and bowed.

"we're all in this together once we know that we are we're all stars and we see that we're all in this together and it shows when we stand hand in hand make our dreams come true! we're all in this together when we reach we can fly know inside we can make it. we're all in this together once we see there's a chance that we have and we take it." the cast all danced to the music as the audience clapped.

"wildcats sing along yeah you really got it going on! wild cats in the house everybody say it now!"  june saw gina and nini both run off stage as they continued singing. they ran back onto stage with miss jenn. "you know what to say!" nini said handing miss jenn a tray with an apple.

"is that the last apple?" miss jenn said as everyone cheered. june held ej's hands as they all walked foward "wildcats everywhere wave your hands up in the air that's  the way we do it let's get to it. come on, everyone!" the cast bowed together as confetti rained down. ej picked june up in the air and spun her. she laughed as he put her down and she pulled him into a tight hug.

"you did good out there wildcat

"you did good out there wildcat." a voice said making june turn her head. "will!" june exclaimed. will had a leather jacket on and had the ticket for the show in his pocket. the two hugged each other and pulled away. "ej, this is will, from my old school."

"hey it's been long time since i've seen you caswell." will said crossing his arms.

"it sure has, cullen." ej said standing closer to june.

"you know each other?" june asked as ej nodded "beat this guy at waterpolo last year. you north high guys are a really pain in the ass." ej said looking at will as he chuckled.

"wait so you knew i went to north high?" june asked and ej nodded "for a while."

"you don't care?"

"nope but can we talk quickly?" ej asked and june nodded.

"oh—uh will can you wait down there?" june asked as will nodded. ej noticed this fake smile june had on. he bought her into the hallway where it was quiet. "june something is bothering you and i know it, tell me please. i saw you earlier." she couldn't look him in the eye. she looked down at her dirty white converse instead.

"june." ej said getting her to look up "tell me. if there's something or someone bothering you i can help you."

she inhaled slowly, trying to get herself to tell him. they wouldn't hate her for transferring, right? she looked back down at her feet. "i'm transferring back—to north high—but you can't tell anyone! please, ej."

"so you're leaving just like that? and you don't want to tell anyone?" he asked.

"ej, i have no choice! my parents are making me go because the music and theater program is better. they just want the best for me." she replied. he scoffed "east high isn't the best for you? you've made a family here, june." 

"i know."

"i don't want you to leave." ej said holding the side of her face gently. "it's not like i'm gone forever. same town, different school. plus i leave christmas break so we still have time." june replied.

"june, please stay. you can finish the rest of the school year here."

"it's already been decided. i'm going and there is nothing you or i can do about it. i'm sorry, ej. can't we just enjoy these last couple of weeks together, please?" june asked.

ej sighed "fine." he said bringing her into a hug. her arms wrapped around her torso and her head was buried in his chest. his fingers combed through her hair gently. june pulled away and gave ej a quick kiss. "i'll see you later."

"are you coming to the cast party?"

"no, sorry. i'll text you?" june asked and ej nodded. june skipped down the hallway. ej leaned on the lockers and let out a sigh as he rubbed the temple of his head. even through he got to kiss her tonight, he felt like the next few weeks weren't going to work the way they planned.

june walked over to will.

"how'd it go?" he asked.

"good, i think."

"gOoD i ThInK"

"gOoD i ThInK"