five

◜      ◝
𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹
˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
𝙖 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙨?
◟      ◞

JUNE MET RICKY at the skate park kind of close to east high. there was no one there except for a couple of smaller kids. there were a bunch of obstacles but june didn't plan on going down any of the ramps or doing tricks. it was dark, but the street lamps around the park lit the park up. she saw him sitting on the side with his board and helmet on. he was on his phone and looked up at june. "oh hey june. thanks for helping try to get this whole thing off my mind." ricky said standing up.

"no problem! i haven't skated in forever."

"uh you know any tricks?" ricky asked as she shook her head no "do you wanna learn some?"

"well considering we can get hurt for the show, it a big no for me. you can do tricks, right? june asked and ricky nodded "the only thing i can do is an ollie." he said getting on his board and did and ollie. june laughed at his face of concentration.

he got off and looked at the girl who was still laughing. "what?" he smiled.

"your concentration face is funny."

"really?"

"your tongue kinda sticks out the to side." she pointed out and copied him making the boy laugh. "okay when you dance, your lips are pressed together in a line. and you know nini does this thing where she speaks in a british accent—" he said and started to talk about him and nini for like three minutes straight. june sat there in silence not knowing what to say.

all he could think about was her, even though the whole point of ricky and june hanging together was to forget and take his mind off of her just for a bit, but it wasn't working.

❝ you know ricky is a nice dude and all, but i think i regret coming here. i mean the whole point was to make him forget and that's clearly hasn't been working. i know this isn't a date but i can't stand when people talk about their exes. ❞
- june frasier. east high junior. skater (?)

june sat there resting her head on her hand waiting for him to stop. "you know nini used to do this thing and it made me la—oh." he said there and june nodded. "sorry i forgot i came here to forget about her."

"yeah, but that clearly didn't work." june said standing up. she dropped her board and hopped on it. "come on. let's skate." she said trying avoid hearing ricky talk about nini for another ten minutes. the two were skating around the park until it was late and the park was empty.

june and ricky were about part ways and go home. june had texted will to come and pick her up because she didn't wanna walk home alone in the dark. ricky stopped "uh june, thanks for tonight. even though i talked about nini for three minutes straight, it kind of helped me forget about things a little."

"no problem ricky. this is that start of a beautiful friendship. if you need anything text me—" an car honked and made june's head turn. it was will in his mercedes benz, sticking his head out the window motioning to hurry up. "—sorry! it was nice hanging ricky!" she said running to the car.

will looked at ricky and he nodded his head acknowledging ricky. ricky's lips pressed in a thin white line. for some reason will seemed intimidating to ricky. he watched as june leaned over the center counsel to hug will. ricky was confused. yeah, girls and boys can be friends but was the boy in the car her boyfriend? he wondered why she didn't mention anything about him.

❝ why is this dude staring me down? is june like—taken? oh man i can't get in a fight with a dude like him. also how does he have a mercedes? ❞
- ricky bowen. east high junior.

"so was that a date?" will asked as she shook her head no "it was more like me trying to distract him to get over a girl he loved and something that he did—and now that's i'm saying it out loud sounds kind of weird." june said leaning back in the car seat.

"so how's school?"

"geez you sound like my mom." june said as will glared at her "okay fine. it's cool so far, but i still miss you guys—oh and the cafeteria food. their school food is not the best. i found mold on my bread on tuesday." june frowned "so how's school for you?"

"good. wait—isn't our school is rivals with yours?" will asked as june nodded "do they know? that you went to north high?"

"nope. i don't plan on telling them either. plus, the menkies are in a couple of months, so that's even more suspicious."

"so if you come back to north high with me and everyone else, you'll tell us the juicy intel? and their weakness?" will asked jokingly.

"maybe i will, will." she said making the two laugh.

so if you didn't know june is from north high

also idk how to feel about this chapter.

what did you guys think of this chapter? and give some plot twist ideas and how i can add some drama!