Catching Up (Re-Writen)

"When looking for the cause, you sometimes unknowingly become the effect."
__________________________________

Of all the places in the universe, Y/n would say that Apotheosis was one of his memorable locations for himself. Erected smack dab in the center of every universe to have existed, and every one that will ever exist.

It was the true holy land. At least that's what he remembers.

And what he remembers of it is pretty basic. A simple cloud suspended high above the earth, with a large cathedral resting upon it. He and his brother named this cathedral The Hall of Genesis, due to it containing the exact center of every universe within its walls. So truth be told when the blinding light of The Gates dissipated, and was instead met with a sprawling metropolis of gold and white he was caught quite off guard. By the time the lack of the hall registered for him, he could clearly see now that he also wasn't alone.

Lining the streets, going about their business as if he wasn't even there were numerous white faced beings. Not one of them looked identical however, as some where just masses of wings and eyes, and some sported a more humanoid appearance donned with white suits. He had expected a reaction by now, and it took just a few moments for some of the more acute observers to notice him. If he had a mouth he would be smiling as most just recoiled at his presence, while others merely rushed to the nearest source of shelter. After taking his first step, a wave of familiarity washed over him.

He was home.

At the same time, the creeping feeling of the unknown lingered in the air. But it was not the time to dawdle, he had a certain god to chat with. Once the bustling streets had been all but abandoned, Y/n raised his gaze to the large cathedral that rest upon an enormous cloud in the distance.

'Seems like someone redecorated. I did prefer the old hall but times change I suppose.'

Upon setting off, he only now began to realise the enormity of Apotheosis. When it was still but a child, it was so small you could walk from one side to other in just a few minutes. Now, it took him almost and hour of straight walking, just to end up at a truly ridiculously tall staircase. The star at the center of Earth's small system rest behind the looming cathedral at the top, golden rays of light reflecting of it gleaming surface. Even as powerful as himself, Y/n has his limits and partaking in this pilgrimage of a staircase was a no go. So instead, he elected to teleporting to the top. Closing his eyes, one minute he's staring up the enormous set of stairs, the next he is being dwarfed by gigantic wooden doors. Various events from both Asraphet and Y/n's life were carved into its varnished surface, such as: the creation of the first star, the discovery of The Void and Asraphet of Y/n's triumph over the outer god's.

(Yes you fought Cthulhu...Congrats.)

'I pity those insufferable excuses for "God's".'
__________________________________

Y/n laid his hand upon the door, but before he could enter a shrill voice broke him from his train of thought.

"HALT MISCREANT! THIS AREA IS OFF LIMITS TO ANY AND ALL! ONLY THOSE OF ARCHANGEL STATUS AND THOSE APPROVED MAY ENTER!"

Y/n sighed, he had hoped this wasn't going to happen. Turning to his right he was met by a rather small fellow clad in bone white armour, a prestigious white cape flowed behind them. A strange mask adorned their face, it's visage that of a demented grin and soulless white eyes. Every now and then it would pulse between grey and white. They clutched a long spear in their right arm so tightly it looked like it was going to snap. They reeked of determination to the point it was almost nauseating, but as their stare off continued a hue of unease began to creep into their aura. Unease equals weakness, and Y/n decided he would take advantage of that weakness.