Halloween Mini Chapter - Within the Void

Happy Halloween 🎃

Author Note:

This chapter doesn't play that much of a part in the main storyline, and is just an extra idea I came up with for the spoopiest of holidays.

-------------------------------------------

First came the ringing in his ears.

Then the splitting headache.

The imp slowly opened his eyes and found himself not where he was previously. Before, he was attempting to get the jump on some red and black dickhead that had stumbled out of Val's bar, 'The Heartbreaker', muttering to himself about being an idiot. The young imp must have lost his touch in sneaking over the past few years, because one minute he's almost gonna slice this guy's throat open like a zip lock bag, the next he's waking up in whatever the hell this place is.

For a moment he thought he had gone blind because all around him, for as far as his eyes would allow him to see...was nothing.

No sound.

No people.

No hell.

That last part did freak him out slightly. "Hello!" He called out to nothing, his voice echoing all around him. He rubbed his temple, trying to rationalize why he was suddenly thrown into this dark place. He decided that the best course of action was to just walk around, see if anyone else was in his same predicament. Taking a step, the ground splashed as if it was covered with water, and small ripples moved out in all directions. "Fucking perfect. Not only am I stuck wherever the fuck this is, but now my feet are be soaked." He grumbled to himself and set off. Each footstep sounded so loud, yet so quiet at the same time, and he quickly began to realise that getting home was never going to happen.

After about 30 minutes of random walking he was starting to panic. His heart was starting to race and his legs were becoming weaker and weaker. On the verge of a full blown panic attack, a tear rolled down the young imps face and he did the one thing he could do. "Mom? Dad? I need you. I'm scared." He curled up into a ball, and silently sobbed to himself. And so he sat.

Cold.

Afraid.

And alone.