1x05-Shake Your Groove Thing

Charlie Hawthorne had dreamt of being surgeon since her godfather had placed her on his lap aged 7, and began recounting tales of his surgeries

Currently though, said godfather was staring sternly at her, hands on his lips like a mother hen.

"You need to eat properly. You fainted in my office, and your blood results show severe fatigue and malnutrition." He exclaimed angrily.

Beside him stood Derek Shepherd, the girl's favourite attending, and leading Neurosurgeon, in a remarkably similar. position.

"It was fatigue, not malnutrition Richard. I eat. Just because I don't stuff my face every second of everyday, doesn't mean I don't eat." She huffed, crossing one leg over the other, before turning to pout at the attending, "And I didn't faint, that implies loss of consciousness, I simply lost my footing."

"Charlotte Élodie Rosalind Hawthorne, don't you argue with me over semantics. And I've asked the cafeteria workers, and none of them recall you ever ordering from there."

Sighing, the blonde pinched the bridge of her nose in aggravation, before gesturing towards Derek, "Does he need to be here? Because it feels like he doesn't need to be here," looking at him, she bit her lip and murmured, "no offence."

The blue-eyed man smirked, "Actually, I'm your punishment. Chief suggested I cut you out of any foreseeable surgeries, but I had a better idea. If you want to operate, and not be stuck doing grunt work all day, you'll eat everything I give you." As she began complaining, he raised single brow, stopping her, "And before you complain, I've gotten Bailey to back me up. You need to take better care of yourself, because you'll be no good to anyone as an exhausted surgeon."

Charlie rolled her eyes, glaring at both men, but especially her godfather, "I can't believe you turned my favourite attending against me. Fine, just for today. But a word of warning, I'll be cranky and antagonistic the whole time, and my portion size if tiny, so please no American Hummer sized meals."

They both smirked smugly, nodding their heads in unison, and she crossed her arms over her chest petulantly, mumbling, "I hate the both of you so much right now."

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

Later on, she sat in the gallery along with her friends, watching Meredith assist in heart surgery. The girl had her head leaning against George's shoulder, a big cup of coffee in her hand, and a banana in the other.

She didn't like bananas, but mother Derek had insisted that they were full of fibres and she must have breakfast.

Taking a bite, she chewed quickly and swallowed, face scrunching in disgust, as George's shoulder shook with laughter under her. head.

"It's a banana Char, why are you acting like its rat poison?"

"May as well be. I hate bananas and I don't have breakfast, it slows me down.  But no, mummy Derek has decided I must eat, and I am at his mercy for the remainder of the day."