2x08-...As We Know It

She should have trusted her instincts, should have simply remained in bed, and not gone to work this morning

But she had, and now she stood in front of one of her people, who had her hand on a bomb.

Charlotte Hawthorne had almost died twice, and it seemed fate, wanted for her to experience it again. Hopefully she would still come out on the other side.

"You realise how stupid that was." Stated Dylan the bomb guy, as he carefully placed a flak jacket on Meredith.

Cristina, who was still ventilating the man, added, "It was Mer. Incredibly stupid!" and Charlie, who had taken up space beside her, responded,"And might I just point out, that you two saying that, isn't helping our current predicament. What's done is done."

"Ok you know when you don't need to be made fun of? Like when you've got your hand inside a body that's got a bomb in it and a stranger is Velcro-ing a flak jacket to your boobs. "

"You've got a sense of irony." Dylan commented, continuing to try affixing the jacket on the woman.

"Only when things are really ironic." She snorted, glancing at her people, "I had a feeling."

"So did I" mumbled the youngest, before giggling dryly, "I had a feeling. And the last time I had this feeling I almost died, and now its happening again." Glancing at the people surrounding her, she calmed down, saying, "God, that's irony that would have made Shakespeare proud."

Burke entered the OR, approaching Cristina, "Time for you to go."

The woman shook her head, "No, I'm staying."

Glancing at her person, Charlie whispered, "Cris, we've got it covered. Here," she reached over, taking over the ventilation process, "I'll do it. You just go darling."

She refused, stubbornly standing beside the blonde and shaking her head again.

"There's nothing more you can do here. We've got it covered. Cristina, this is not another clueless surgery. This ammo can go off at any time and kill everyone in this room. Do you get that? You can not be in here." Mumbled Burke angrily.

"Do you think this is about surgery..." she hissed, glancing at both of her friends worriedly.

"Cristina I cannot do this with you in here! I cannot think!"

"We'll be fine."  Mer reassured her, "it's okay."

Cris nodded, heading towards the door, but not before addressing her boyfriend, "You know in the movies how there's always the heroes and then there's the other guy? You know the guy who sees danger and runs in the opposite direction? Be the other guy."

"So you have a plan right?" Meredith looked at Dylan, "You have a way to get me out of this right?"

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─