3x09-Six Days pt.1

Someone was softly stroking her arm, in an almost soothing manner

Someone was softly stroking her arm, in an almost soothing manner. Snuggling deeper into the chest she laid on, Charlie popped open one eye and smiled groggily, "G'morning."

"Good morning sweetheart," Mark replied with a chuckle, continuing his ministration.

"You keep doing that, and I'm just gonna go back to sleep," mumbled the blonde tiredly, only to have his chest move beneath her cheek, laughter his voice, "Well we wouldn't want that, now would we?"

He softly pulled her up,  placing her cheek back on the pillow, before getting out and pulling his clothing back on. 

Rising to a seated position, Charlie furrowed her brows in confusion, "Where are you going?"

"Back home, need to grab a shower, then we both need to get to work,"

"Oh, I just figured we'd get there together or something," she mumbled in reply.

The plastic surgeon smiled, pulling his shirt over his head, before kneeling beside her and kissing her deeply.

When he pulled away, he pecked her softly on the nose, saying, "Can't let the cat out of the bag sweetheart. I'll see you in the hospital."

He left, throwing a quick "bye baby!" Before the sound of her front door closing announced his absence.

Charlie frowned. She didn't like this...this feeling in her chest. She didn't like the secrecy, didn't like sneaking around like two teenagers.

It made her feel dirty, likes was a secret he was ashamed of. Like he didn't want everyone to know what'd happened.

Like she was a one-night stand.

Logically, she knew that probably wasn't the case, knew she had to talk it out with him first, before jumping to her own conclusions, but that didn't stop the feelings.

Groaning, the blonde pushed herself from her bed and into her shower. Maybe some cold water would clear her brain.

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

She was walking beside her people, the entire group following behind Bailey to their cases.

Charlie's brain was scattered, thoughts floating everywhere.

Or rather, they were centred around her not-boyfriend (god, she hated that label, hated it with the burning passion of a thousand suns), and their secret not-relationship.

Shows drawn back to reality however, when she felt Mer's elbow digging into her side. Snapping her head to her person, she rubbed the tender area, mumbling, "What?"

"Are you okay? I've been calling your name for a bit, and nothing. It's like you were somewhere else."

The older blonde was looking at her with concerned eyes, and Charlie sighed, shaking her head, "Head's a bit everywhere, but I'll be fine. No one's ever died from overthinking, after all."