3x01-Time Has Come Today

She'd been called to the frathouse, early the next day

She'd been called to the frathouse, early the next day. Izzie had apparently sequestered herself in the bathroom, and in her grief, had categorically refused to leave.

Currently, all the interns, residents and non, were standing outside the door, attempting to coerce her outside.

"Izzie. Izzie come on!" Screamed Alex through the door, to obviously, no response.

George sighed, mumbling, "Okay, she's been in there all night. We have to do something."

The group all agreed, before Charlie noticed all eyes on both her and Mer. Tilting her head curiously, she questioned, "Any particular reason you're all staring at the both of us, and only us? Because I'll be honest, it's a little creepy."

"Well, this is familiar territory to you two." Explained Cris nonchalantly, as though this cleared everything up.

Sharing a confused glance with her blonde person, the girl mumbled, "how?' At the same time as Mer elaborated, "There is nothing familiar about this. Unfamiliar. Denny died. The man she loves died."

Cristina nodded in understanding, before adding, "Yeah, but you're both all dark and twisty inside."

"Dark and twisty? The fuck does that even mean?" Questioned the youngest, eyes narrowed in thought. Mer nodded her agreement, pointing to the girl as though to say, 'yes, what she just said.'

Pointing at Mer, she began, "The mother with the Alzheimers thing, and the father that you don't talk to..."

"The tequila thing, and the inappropriate men thing..." finished Alex, before rounding on the youngest, "And you've basically lost your entire family to tragedy, not to mention the casual sex thing, and the fear of emotions thing.."

"Oh, and the drinking and the sarcasm, don't forget the drinking and the sarcasm." Added Cristina helpfully, causing him to nod in agreement.

Rolling her eyes, Charlie muttered, "What? So just cause we've been through some shit, that makes us the ambassadors of people with shitty lives?"

George stepped closer to her, placing a calm hand on her shoulder, "You are dark and twisty inside Charlie, and now Izzie is dark and twisty inside."

The girl nodded, cracking the joints in her neck, before agreeing solemnly, "yeah, alright. I'll figure something out."

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

Thankfully, she didn't have to go to the hospital, since this was her designated day off, along with both Mer and Cris.

The women were in the kitchen, making of all things, sandwiches.

"Why are we making sandwiches again?" Questioned the dark-haired woman.

Charlie took a sip other coffee, pointing at her friend and adding,"how exactly are sandwiches meant to help here?"

The shorter blonde sighed in exasperation, explaining calmly,"It's what you do when someone dies. You cook."