3x10- Six Days pt.2

She'd woken up with a smile again

She'd woken up with a smile again. Leaning up, she quickly pressed a kiss to mark's cheek, waking him in the process.

"Morning sweetheart," he mumbled groggily.

Charlie giggled, pressing a quick kiss to his lips, "it is now, believe it or not." Before jumping out of bed, and beginning to pull her jeans back on.

Sitting up, he asked, "Where are you going? It's still..." he glanced quickly at his watch, exclaiming, "it's still 4 am Ace, come back to bed."

Buttoning her pants, she tilted her head curiously, "I thought you wouldn't want me here much longer? So we can get to the hospital separately?"

He nodded, "Sure, but not 4 am early Ace. That's just demonic."

Pulling on her shirt, she took a seat beside him, "Well, my shift starts at five today, so...and I still need to go home, shower and grab a change of clothes."

The surgeon mock-groaned, leaning his head against her shoulder, before suddenly pulling her onto the bed with him, holding her captive within his arms.

Giggling, she gasped, "What are you doing?"

He didn't answer, simply snuggled deeper into her chest, and pulled the blankets above them again, "You can shower here, but for now, sleepy-time."

Carding her fingers through his hair, she questioned softly, "You're willing to risk it?"

He nodded, clearly falling asleep again, and she sighed in response.

This man and his confusing switches.

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

At the beginning of her shift, she was standing beside both of her people and Izzie, observing Mer's dad.

"How am I related to that man?" Mumbled the older blonde.

The youngest chuckled, as Cris asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, look at him. He's a mess. I mean he's a disaster. A stammering, mumbling, clumsy disaster with whom I have absolutely nothing in common. Not one thing."

Chuckle become a giggle, Charlie stuttered, "I mean...I hate to break it to you Mer, but..."

"What?" She trend to her in confusion.

"You do your own share of stammering yourself." Finished Cristina with a smirk.

At the woman's widened gaze, Izzie explained, "Yeah, that nervous talking thing you do, it's actually a lot like him."

"No it's not."

"It really is," nodded Charlie with a grin, continuing,  "Plus, the messy thing..."

"What?! I'm not messy, she's the messy one!" She gasped, pointing at Cris.

The curly-haired woman shook her head, "My apartment is messy, my locker is messy, but I am not messy. Sometimes you have like...food and stuff in your hair."