2x12-Losing My Religion

Charlotte Hawthorne was many things; a great friend, an incredibly smart doctor,  with genius level IQ and near perfect recall, and an avid coffee drinker

Charlotte Hawthorne was many things; a great friend, an incredibly smart doctor, with genius level IQ and near perfect recall, and an avid coffee drinker. Hell, you could probably slap mega flirt, and casual sex aficionado onto that list, and it would still be correct.

Another thing she was though, was stubborn to a fault. It came in handy, when it regarded her patients or her decisions, but in moments like these, as she sat outside Richard's office, waiting for the fate of her friends to be revealed, it was cumbersome.

She couldn't let it go. Couldn't forgive what Izzie had done, and had in turn, forced her to do.

Richard had excluded her from the meeting, understanding, via Bailey she assumed, that she'd been the one to page her regarding the entire fiasco, and had thus, decided she didn't merit a punishment.

Which was exactly why she sat outside his office, biting anxiously into her lip, waiting for her family to come out, and let her know what had been decided.

When the door opened, she hurried towards them, immediately asking, "What happened? No one got fired, right? Please tell me none of you got fired, because as much as he loves me, I don't think I have that much pull over him..."

"Char..." interrupted Meredith calmly, a small, amused smile on her face at the young blonde's worried rambling, "It's okay, none of us got fired. We're just barred from performing any surgeries until we come clean."

The girl nodded in relief, as Izzie exclaimed, "I will go back and tell him. I will tell him it was me."

"And get kicked out of the program? You will keep your mouth shut. We all will keep our mouths shut." Argued Meredith, before turning her glare on Alex, who'd complained loudly, "This is crap. I'm turning her in."

The man rolled his eyes, elaborating, "What? You were the one who said we had to stand by Izzie. But now I get stuck catering some V.I.P. chick patient? I don't think so."

The former model looked at him softly, "Alex, I am sorry and I really do appreciate what you did for Denny."

At this, Charlotte scoffed loudly, drawing her friends' eyes to her, "You had better be, seeing as all of their careers are on hold for you. In fact, I probably wouldn't thank anyone, because I doubt any of us wanted to be placed in this position."

Isobel rounded on her angrily, pointing an accusing finger, "This is your fault! You called Bailey. You betrayed me, and called Bailey!"

The taller blonde merely raised a skeptical brow in response, maintaining her calm facade, "Your patient was dying Dr Stevens, and frankly, I don't think you're nearly emotionally stable enough to carry that guilt on your chest. I called in our superior, who was fully capable of saving his life. If you consider that a betrayal, then I urge you to find yourself a new career, because in this one, we put the lives of those in this hospital before anything, especially our own selfish wants and needs."