1x09-Who's Zoomin' Who?

The first thing she was told to do, the second she'd walked into the hospital, was scrub in on a surgery with the Chief

So that's what she did, rather excited, because although she'd heard all of his stories, Charlie had never seen her godfather in action.

"There's too much damage. We'll have to remove most of the colon instead of a local resection." He stated, before hesitating, seemingly unable to stitch the patient properly.

Charlotte frowned, concerned about the situation, before running towards the lights when he snapped, "More suture. And what's with these damn lights in here."

"Retract here." He stated a couple of minutes later.

"Oh! This just isn't holding." Mumbled Bailey.

"Give me a bigger retractor, please." The nurses handed him one, which he proceeded to drop, resulting in the woman apologising.

The man set his tools down, "It wasn't you." Looking at the resident, he continued, "Dr. Bailey, you can finish this."

The woman's eyes widened, "Uh, thank you, chief. I appreciate the opportunity. I'll just..."

But before she could finish, he'd walked out of the OR.

Biting her lip beneath her mask, Charlie glanced up at the gallery, meeting eyes with Derek. Something was very wrong with the man, and she trusted the nosey Neurosurgeon to figure it out.

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

Walking out of surgery, she pulled into an on-call room abruptly, and turned to the culprit with a withering glare.

"What is wrong with you?!" She questioned, slapping him on the shoulder.

"Sorry, sorry. But, I've uh, I've got a problem and I need your help." George mumbled apologetically.

Immediately, her tone shifted, becoming more concerned for her friend, "What's wrong Georgie-baby? What happened?"

"So uh, I had sex with Olivia, and then this morning I had a strange rash, and I got it biopsied and it turned out I got syphillis." He spat out at once.

The girl went quiet, thinking, before nodding her head, "Alright, here's what we're going to do. You're going to tell Olivia. Whether she gave it you or not, you have a responsibility to let her know. Next, you're gonna take some penicillin. If you can't give it yourself, I'll do it for you, since the others are insensitive dicks on their best day. And finally, you're gonna give yourself a break, because this wasn't your fault. But also, invest in better condoms."

The man nodded in relief, before pulling her into a tight hug. Chuckling, Charlie rubbed his back soothingly, "There, there. It's gonna be alright."

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me." He mumbled, causing her to giggle louder, "And don't you forget it darling."

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─