2x05-Into You Like a Train

She'd barely made herself dinner, before her pager beeped on the kitchen table and she groaned out loud, "We just got out of a 30-hour shift

She'd barely made herself dinner, before her pager beeped on the kitchen table and she groaned out loud, "We just got out of a 30-hour shift. I had to operate on a heart in a godforsaken elevator!"

Rolling out her neck, feeling the pressure release when the joints popped, Charlie quickly changed back into a pair of clean scrubs, opening her TV all the while.

If they were being called back, then surely it was an emergency.

v^√√v^─√v^√v^─

She stood in the hallway with both Cris and George, all of them in clean scrubs, as the her person murmured excitedly, "I think I saw a pneumothorax. I hope I get a pneumothorax."

Slapping her upside the head, Charlie muttered as she slipped on her trauma gown, "Maybe try sounding less excited at the prospect of human tragedy Cris."

Just then, their resident, Miranda Bailey arrived, decked out in a fancy dress and heels. When the interns stopped to look at her, she huffed, "What are you looking at?"

"You look lovely Dr Bailey," complimented the blonde honestly.

"Thank you Charlie." Turning to Alex, she ordered, "Hey, you, go get me my damn shoes. Let's move, people."

Mer stepped up to her, "Hello. I seem to be a little bit drunk. I was off duty."

"So was I! Anybody else half in the bottle?" When no one replied, she continued, "All right then. Grey just stay out of the way. I'll deal with you later. The rest of you, stick with me and wait for your assignments. Now you get all aquiver at the sight of blood, and organs but it's gonna be a long night and you're already tired. I don't want any mistakes."

Finished, the pushed. The doors of the ER open, revealing the chaos that lied behind.

The three friends looked on in wonder.

"I'm so not tired anymore." Murmured Cristina, in awe.

"Me neither. I'm not tired either." Added George.

"What's tiredness? Sounds like a disease I've never heard of." Joked Charlie with an excited smile.

"I've got a 3rd trimester burn victim here Dr. Bailey and I'm gonna need some help."  Stated Addie, coming up to them.

All the interns raised there hands, before the woman chose, "Izzie, go."

The former model pumped her fist, before bragging, "Yes! Have a nice nap."

This was the moment Derek entered the OR, and Charlie gasped, "I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and assume he chose her, but was a little late."

"If you're right, I've just lost 50 bucks." Complained Cristina softly, only to begin gasping in pain when her person smacked her repeatedly, "Cristina Yang! We. Do. Not. Bet. On. Our. People's. Love. Life!"