Wait, So I'm on Fire?

Pyrrhia never thought she was special. She was just another SilkWing in Beetle Hive(maybe a little prettier, according to her friends and the dragonets that had crushes on her). But that wasn't the point. Pyrrhia was looking up at the remaining stars when the realization hit. Today was her metamorphosis day! She hopped out of her silk hammock and jumped onto her friend/dragon who looked after her, Violet. Violet was a few years older than Pyrrhia, and had gotten her wings three years ago(Pyrrhia was massively jealous), and they were already huge.

"Violet! Violet! Do you know what today is?!"

"The presidential inauguration?" Violet joked.

"Violet, it's my metamorphosis day!"

"Oh! Right."

Pyrrhia made her best imitation of a sinister smile. "And you promised we could do all my favorite things."

Violet nodded. "I believe I did. So what's first?"

Pyrrhia did a weird laugh/ scoff. "Food, obviously!" Violet followed Pyrrhia out of the cell. They climbed up the webs(well, Pyrrhia climbed, Violet flew and helped) to the hive. Pyrrhia spotted a good café and ordered a pair of breakfast sandwiches. They went to the park to eat them. Violet was poking around a statue. "Violet, what are you doing?!"

"I left a monkey in here!"

"I don't even want to know."

"Well, I guess it left." Violet sat down and bit into her sandwich. She nodded approvingly. They finished their breakfast and raced a lap around the park. Pyrrhia won, even though Violet had longer legs. Apparently huge wings weren't very aerodynamic. Pyrrhia's wingbuds were starting to ache. "So what's next?" Violet asked.

"Let's get some honey drops."

So they headed back to the square and walked into Dewdrops, a candy store. On the way the passed a very wealthy HiveWing, and Pyrrhia smirked. "Two honey drops, please." Pyrrhia said, placing the payment in scales on the counter. Violet had a funny look on her face. The guy(named Termite) put two honey drops in a box, and handed it to them. Pyrrhia and Violet walked out of the candy shop. "Rio? Where did you get those scales?" Violet asked her once they had left. "Rio" was a nickname Pyrrhia had developed over the years.

Pyrrhia shrugged nonchalantly. "I borrowed them from someone." Violet snickered. They went to the mosaic garden. Pyrrhia stared at her favorite mosaic. It was of a LeafWing sitting by a tree. The tree was surrounded by stumps and charred remains of other trees. This mosaic was fittingly called, The Last Standing Tree. If only the LeafWing was warned about the HiveWing claws about to maul him. Rude. He was having a MOMENT! When they finished their honey drops, they played hide-and-seek, and by the time they were done, Pyrrhia realized it was almost time to get to the Cocoon. Her wrists were itchy as heck. She scratched them, and she realized how bright they were glowing. The silk glands were also a strange color, almost like... fire. "Uh... Violet? Is this normal?" Violet looked over. She examined her wrists. Her eyes widened. Violet just shook her head. Pyrrhia tried to read her face. "What? What?! What's wrong with them?!"

"Flamesilk." Violet whispered.

"What's Flamesilk?!"

"We have to hide you."

"Why?! Why do we have to hide me?!"

"I'll explain later!" Violet wrapped her arms around her chest. She took off flying, and went toward... a HiveWing school? Violet spotted Pastel and angled her wings downward. She dropped toward the ground, and Pyrrhia's stomach dropped with her. Violet landed next to Pastel. "I need you to cover for Pyrrhia. The webs may burn." Pastel nodded. Was this code talk? He took off and flew toward the Cocoon. Violet took off again and continued towards the school. She headed down toward the tool shed, and let Pyrrhia down once she landed. Violet opened the door to the tool shed and beckoned for Pyrrhia to follow. She closed the door, and opened a trapdoor. She stepped into it, and Pyrrhia followed. Violet wrapped her tail around Pyrrhia's ankle and guided her. Eventually, they reached a decently large part of the tunnels. They sat down and tried to make themselves comfortable. "Violet." Pyrrhia demanded. "What is Flamesilk?"

Violet gently picked up Pyrrhia's wrist. She pointed at the spots of gold around the silk gland. "It's when your silk is like fire. It can set things- and dragons- on fire. Also, normal silk is not that color." Pyrrhia's head started feeling woozy. "I-I think it's going to start soon."

"Get into a comfortable position. You'll be in the same one for five days." They both chuckled. Pyrrhia took Violet's advice and moved into a comfortable position, and a minute later, silk poured out of her wrists. She saw what Violet meant. It was the color of fire, and it burned a little when it touched her scales. Everywhere it touched her, her muscles relaxed. It was honestly a little scary, but also kind of cool. She looked Violet in the eye and whispered, "Please don't leave me." Just as the silk wrapped around her head, she heard Violet say, "I won't. Even though I'll probably get in trouble." Pyrrhia would have laughed, but right after she said that, she was unconscious.

Mmmmmmmmmxmdmfmfmgmgmfjdjhsjwkdk