Parent Issues

Pyrrhia's first thought when she woke up the next morning was,

Are we safe?

Judging by the comfortable cushion and the fact that she could move her body farther than a few inches, yes, they were.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself in Lady Beetle's chambers. Sitting next to her was Violet. A flash of orange-and-black caught Pyrrhia's eye. She jumped up and snarled, clearly a bit jumpy.

"Relax, it's just me!" Cicada exclaimed.

Pyrrhia stopped and looked around. Collapsed on another cushion was the small LeafWing- Juniper- curled up like a snoozing chinchilla. Spread out on another was a pale green, brown, and gold LeafWing she didn't know. Next to her was-

Wait.

Green scales.

Silver spots.

Black wings.

Smooth horns.

This was the LeafWing NightWing hybrid. Violet looked quite confused as to why she was so shocked. "What? You look like you just saw a ghost."

"I did. A while ago. A ghost-thing of that dragon." Pyrrhia said. Now that she thought about it, many of the dragons from her visions were here.

Two of the Dragonets of Destiny.

And the LeafWing/NightWing.

The pale green LeafWing stirred awake and yawned. "Where's the fire?" A weird orange pulse went through her arm. "Oh, okay."

"Who are you?" Pyrrhia said, then gestured to the LeafWing/NightWing. "And who is she?"

The LeafWing followed Pyrrhia's gesture. "That's Leafspeaker, and I'm Amanita. You?"

"Pyrrhia."

"You look more like a radiation than a continent."

"I get that a lot." Pyrrhia had grown to be proud of it. Her bright orange and red wings, her primarily pastel yellow scales, covered in bits of vibrant green and purple, her purple-red-yellow underscales. Even her eyes were too bright for anyone. And then there was her wrists.

Bright.

Glowing.

Flaming.

She had once wondered if her parents had left because of what she was.

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the night before last night, Pyrrhia's parents had gone somewhere at midnight, when she had been pretending to be asleep. They finally came back at three in the morning, when Pyrrhia, being an easily-terrified one-year-old, had started crying and freaking out after the first fifteen minutes. When her parents finally came home, the little Dragonet had buried herself in her mother's shoulder. "Relax, we just had to..." her mother Firefly said.

"Address something important with our friends." Said her father, Swallowtail.

"Should we tell her?" Firefly whispered.

"We should. In case something happens to us." Swallowtail replied. "Your mommy and I are in... something of a secret club. Violet and her mommy are part of it. I'm the boss, and if something happens to me, you'll take over."

"Is something going to happen to you?" Pyrrhia asked.

"No!" Her mother exclaimed. "Of course not. I mean... just in case."

But the next day, Pyrrhia woke up to find their cell empty. "Mommy?!" She called. "Daddy?!" Hours later, they still weren't back. She decided to see if Violet knew what happened. So she went to Violet's place.