Leafspeaker Got Roasted. Literally.

Leafspeaker had once thought being hated for existing was the worst.

She was wrong.

It was pretty terrible, though.

Second only to being left behind chained to a burning hive.

It all started when Leafspeaker and the gang figured out what the metal bands were for. Chains had appeared out of them, and now she was bound to the floor of a hive. She could hear Amanita's shouting, then she saw fire. Next thing she knew, the hive was burning, and here she was. Leafspeaker could feel the heat of the fire, crawling swiftly toward her, until it finally reached her claws. She stepped back as far as she could, which was only a few inches.

The pain of the fire came after the shock.

This is it.

This is where I'm going to die.

The fire licked at her claws, then went in to feast. It continued to spread until it filled the whole room. It grew taller and bigger and engulfed Leafspeaker. She screamed as it burned her. When she was sure she was going to die, the floor collapsed and made that ten times more likely. She wasn't sure if it was the stress, the fire, or the impact, but as soon as she hit something, she was gone.

. . .

Leafspeaker appeared in a void in front of two dragons. A LeafWing and NightWing. They were both beautiful.

"Am I dead?" Was the first thing she asked.

"I'm afraid so," said the LeafWing.

"But." The NightWing said. "We can give you another chance at life. Oh, where are our manners? I'm Shadow, and that's Salix. We are the spirits of the LeafWings and NightWings."

Salix interrupted. "About the second chance at life. You are worthy of another chance. And the world needs you, Leafspeaker. Amanita needs you. All you have to do is chant something with us."

Leafspeaker nodded. "How do I do this?"

"Repeat after me." Shadow said. "For one more chance, I bring you back."

"For one more chance, I bring you back."

"Good. You've died once, but you shall live."

"You've died once, but you shall live."

"Your enemy you may attack, for one more chance I bring you back."

Shadow nodded. "You have it?"

(CRINGE)

Leafspeaker nodded.

"For one more chance, I bring you back," they all chanted together. "You've died once, but you shall live. Your enemy you may attack, for one more chance I bring you back.

For one more chance, I bring you back

You've died once, but you shall live.

Your enemy you may attack, for one more chance I bring you back.

For one more chance, I bring you back

You've died once, but you shall live.

Your enemy you may attack, for one more chance I bring you back.

For one more chance, I bring you back

You've died once, but you shall live.

Your enemy you may attack, for one more chance I bring you back."