Altered Prophecy

Leafspeaker lived a normal life.

Mostly.

She was often made fun of for being a hybrid. She had never met her real father. She only knew that he was a NightWing named Morrowteller, and had died before she had hatched. She was honestly a little bit surprised that everyone knew. Her only NightWing like features were her black wings that had scattered silver specks like stars, silver teardrop scales behind her eyes, straight, silver horns, and a few silver spots scattered on her body. She could also read minds and see the future. You know what? Maybe it was kind of obvious. She sighed. Whenever she walked through a crowd, she heard tons of scattered thoughts and murmurs.

There goes that hybrid freak.

Why are her wings black? Did they get burnt?

Is she a LeafWing or a NightWing? I can't even tell! Oh, she's both.

What idiot LeafWing would have eggs with a NightWing? Weird.

Look at her scales. She looks like she rolled in a pile of glowworms.

When she hatched, I bet her fire-breathing father set her on fire and that's what happened to her wings! Poor, stupid, hybrid.

And so on and so forth. Talk about racism. Some dragons really have no respect for other dragons being different. Leafspeaker sighed.

When she was three, things changed. She had just gotten away from a particularly bratty group of dragonets who kept pelting her with vegetables. She walked through the LeafWing village toward the dome that protected them from the dangerous plants outside. She finally got to it. She moved the plants that the dome was made of aside with her leafspeak that she was named after. She walked through the hole and closed it behind her. She walked through the trees of the Poison Jungle. A bit of moonlight filtered through the trees as she went along the route she knew by heart. It was late at night. When she entered her own village, her body went into battle mode, and when she left, she relaxed, which was strange; it should have been the other way around. Eventually, she found her destination. It was a small clearing in the middle of the jungle, shrouded with moonlight. There was a pond in the middle with a large boulder in the center. Leafspeaker flew to the boulder and sat on it. She came to this clearing every night for her nightly ritual. She would sit on the boulder in the moonlight and let the visions crowd in. It was the best place to see the future. She closed her eyes and tipped her snout up to the moonlight. Then she saw the visions.

A HiveWing army storming the jungle, led by a strangely familiar red and orange and black dragon.

A battlefield full of dead dragons, the only survivors being HiveWings.

Some annoying dragon interrupting her visions.

Wait- that last one wasn't a vision. There was actually another dragon standing in front of her. They had pale green scales dappled with brown, and a few gold flecks on their face. They had warm brown eyes. "What do you want?!" Leafspeaker snapped. The other dragon just stared. "I said, WHAT DO YOU WANT?! IT HAD BETTER NOT BE TO MAKE FUN OF ME!"

"No." The other dragon said suddenly. "Just to ask what you're doing. You look like you see something besides me and the jungle."

"I do. Now go away." Leafspeaker replied. The other dragon examined her, horns to tail. "You're that hybrid dragon everyone is talking about, aren't you?" She asked. "Can you see the future?"

"....That depends. Did you come to make fun of me?"

"No."

"Then yes. I can see the future. This is the best place to do so. Plenty of moonlight." The other dragon's thoughts clearly indicated that she had heard everything up to 'I can see the future.' "Wow," she said. "That's so cool. What's your name, anyway?"