I Think We Broke Leafspeaker

WHAT HAD JUNIPER BEEN THINKING?! WHY HAD SHE JUST RUN OFF LIKE THAT?! Leafspeaker kept screeching unintelligibly at various frequencies and running in circles.

"I think we broke Leafspeaker." Said Amanita.

"You think?" Equinox said.

Leafspeaker flew off in the direction Juniper had gone, still screeching.

Has she gone insane?

Where is it going?

Did someone break that hybrid?

Thoughts of other dragons mixed up with her own. Leafspeaker didn't stop screeching until she left the village. In fact, now she was completely silent. A claw mark on a tree caught Leafspeaker's eye. She examined the mark. She put her talon on it.

What happened? Leafspeaker asked the tree.

Not her fault...

Leafspeaker's leafspeak mixed with her mind reading allowed her to pretty much read the tree's memories.

Juniper was walking through the jungle, when something caught her eye. She bent down to look at it, then immediately heard a noise. "Who's there?!"

What sounded like a talking snake said, "My identity will be revealed in time. What's important is who you are, 'dragon of the trees.' I believe you are necessary for something I need to do."

Juniper evidently did not want to know who this was. She would rather bolt into the trees and run, but as she did so, she went limp, and some kind of dart was visible on her side.

"Ah, ah, ah. I don't think so. Like it or not, you're coming with me." A red and black HiveWing came out of the trees.

Juniper was hoisted onto the HiveWing's back. The HiveWing took off flying, and she nearly slipped off their back. They flew away, out of the tree's line of sight.

Leafspeaker jumped back, then sighed.

"Three moons. I knew a little sister would be trouble, but I didn't think she'd get herself kidnapped on the first day."

Leafspeaker lined up the trees in front of her with the trees in the memory. Alright. They had flown Southwest towards...

Beetle Hive.

Leafspeaker lifted off from the ground, flew through all the layers of the jungle, until she could see most of Pantala. And a shimmer of red catching the sunlight. Her eyes had a talent for spotting what she was looking for. Another shimmer of gold, then green. Suspicious. Leafspeaker flew toward it, when someone grabbed her tail. Out of taught instinct, she kicked them off and cut their face with her back talons.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Amanita exclaimed.

"SORRYITHOUGHTYOUWERESOMEONEELSEIDIDN'TMEANTOATTACKYOU."

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean too." Amanita said that, but her bleeding face made Leafspeaker worry, and she checked her friend's mind to make sure.

It's not quite anger... it just hurts, and I wish she didn't do that.

Hm. Somewhat reassuring. "So where are we going?" Amanita asked.

"Correction, where am I going."

"No, I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not."

"Fine. We're going to Beetle Hive-"

"WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Amanita shouted.

"Juniper got herself kidnapped while looking for Frostblood."